need a new product to make. need some ideas

CLNFREAK

what about something like some tweeter pods made for the onkyo tweeters that parts express had... there are thousands of those tweeters around here... wouldnt have to be anything fancy just like a plastic housing for them to sit in.. and you could just use a small screw to mount it through the back side...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i bet anything with SMD on it would sell here pretty good

Id be very careful about using someone elses name (in this case initials) to sell a product, unless you can justify some other term for the letters "SMD" like Silly Mother Duckers. Or have permission from the man himself and cut him in on your profits, or face legal issues!

I've been in contact with a friend with CNC's and bridgeports about the input blocks. Everything is already drawn up and he is just waiting on the material. They will be made in aluminum and brass and can be mounted vertically or horizontally to allow more mounting options for different amps. We're going to start with 50 sets and see how they do.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

Id be very careful about using someone elses name (in this case initials) to sell a product, unless you can justify some other term for the letters "SMD" like Silly Mother Duckers. Or have permission from the man himself and cut him in on your profits, or face legal issues!

I woudnt use any ones name with out permission, and if I did that person would be paid for the name.

in my first post :

"brackets , cable clamps , battey hold down, (SMD.com on it with permission)"

I've been in contact with a friend with CNC's and bridgeports about the input blocks. Everything is already drawn up and he is just waiting on the material. They will be made in aluminum and brass and can be mounted vertically or horizontally to allow more mounting options for different amps. We're going to start with 50 sets and see how they do.

I wont step on anyones feet that is for sure, you dont have to worry about me making them if you are. Im not like that, I hope you do well with them

them input blocks are sick! i would like 2 pairs

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I woudnt use any ones name with out permission, and if I did that person would be paid for the name.

in my first post :

"brackets , cable clamps , battey hold down, (SMD.com on it with permission)"

I wont step on anyones feet that is for sure, you dont have to worry about me making them if you are. Im not like that, I hope you do well with them

Reguardless...

If you think you can offer a great valuable product to the audio industries, or make changes for better performance to an existing product, offer a better price then existing products etc. I dont think you will need the letters "smd" to sell it.

If it is good people will buy it with or without.

I see it as you having access to the machines, your able to start yourself your own enterprise and make some cash.

Id rather buy a product with the designers name/company on it then buy a product that has someone elses name on it that has absolutely nothing to do with it except use it as a selling point (no this is not a bash towards smd).

Edit:

Christoph has done something very nice which I am interested in, however they are for his own personal use.

This mini buss bars are for your amps, so instead of feeding 1 1/0 wire to your amp, you can feed several!

These particular ones are for using 2 amps (1 amp stacked ontop of the other), but could be designed differently.

l_66a0324553124c23b93de3154480e208.jpg

l_f683845ee0b5407b8ef3d5a6d8092a31.jpg

This shows how they are used.

l_dc4018e5816549efa91be1adbfa0cb11.jpg

and for batteries.

l_6afbeca3020d4f33a75792c66a1fd4a4.jpg

l_6152a4e63a56410f9845567053aaca75.jpg

this isn't the big 3 wire is it

l_73eeb48dd1334ce3ac785a8ea146fec7.jpg

No, its not a big 3, its multi runs of wire. He is using 4 cactus sounds 7kw amps in his Street car for competition. 28,000+watts rms off 1 cactus sounds battery in the stock location. The cars engine needs to be kept off while he burps it in competition. Since the car is off the big 3 would do nothing to gain from it since it is not running.

As for the wire fail you wrote on it. Hardly not. It is proboly a smaller wire for power to his podium or some other accessory that does not need 1/0 gauge wiring.

Those pictures are from the owner of Cactus Sounds which makes some pretty big amplifiers (from 1000wrms all the way to 12,000wrms) and badd ass woofers. There is nothing fail about him at all!! Ive built a couple of stereo setups using his products.

Archived