Alpine 9881,subwoofer system 1or2!?!?

The sub is always on, the subwoofer system setting allows you to change between 1 and 2. Setting 1 allows the sub volume to go up with accordance to treble, whereas system 2 allows the subs to be more audible at lower volumes but as you turn it up into the higher volume range it allows the treble to catch it up. Hope this makes sense, im not to good at explaining stuff.

when your sub is at 0 on that deck does the sub still even play? the subwoofer setting should just attenuate the sub not distort it in any way...im not near the unit thats just like yours that i play with so i cant look at the moment

ideally have the subwoofer output turned all the way up bass at 0 treble at 0 then tune to your max volume...then the subwoofer volume will never have a chance of being over your setting and damaging the woofer that you set for the certain setting..

i havent check with it on 0,a long time ago when i had a different setup the subwoofer wouldnt even make a difference if it was at 0 or 15,but now its set right.

i tried it out at 0 bass/treb and system 1,still didnt want to go passed volume 23,and my amp isnt scoped yet,the gains are down.

subwoofer was at 14 still though and loudness is off,maybe the song was really high though..break your ankles,E40

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

On these alpines with this option it's just a feature that will allow the sub to be heard louder at low volume. Option one the sub gradually increases from 0 with the volume at the same rate. Option two the sub volume is a little higher at low volume, however, it does not have a chance to clip. At about 3/4-7/8 of max volume the levels balance back out.

You don't have to worry about it clipping your amp. It's just a feature that allows you to hear your subs a little more at lower volume. When you get to max volume on the H/U the sub volume on both option 1 & 2 are back at the same level.

If you want me to draw it out just ask.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived