Sonic Electronix

Can There Be A Voltage Drop Through The Power Wire?

If the battery voltage is 14.5 on each side of the fuse then there is pretty much no way that the fuse is blown. The batts in the back wouldn't show 14.5 volts if they weren't connected to the front charging off the alt. You can pretty much rule out a blown fuse.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If the battery voltage is 14.5 on each side of the fuse then there is pretty much no way that the fuse is blown. The batts in the back wouldn't show 14.5 volts if they weren't connected to the front charging off the alt. You can pretty much rule out a blown fuse.

Joo>than my reading....

Bad ground... Or loose ground.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

to answer your original question: no

12v is 12v whether the wire is 1 foot or 5 mile or 300 mile

it just takes more amperes to get it to the end of 300 mile

was good to hear it was just a loose ground.easy fix

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

to all who were curious... it was a LOOSE GROUND! i feel sooo slow right now lol...thanks again for all who commented

Your welcome. I used to get that all the time when I was installing for a living. I would get cars back that the guy would tell me that the amp would cut off at high volume but not low volume. I would check voltage up front first and if it was above 13 with the car on then I would go to the amp. I would check voltage there and 99% of the time it would be below 10 volts. Then it was on to the ground to see what the issue was.

A lot of the time it would be some dumb ass using self tapping screws to ground right to the sheet metal and if you install for a living you know that's not what you want to see. Most of the time if I could reach a bolt I would just reground it, but if the wire was not long enough I would sell them some more ground wire and make money on labor and product. Unless it was my shop that made the mistake, but we were told that if we ever grounded with self tappers we would be responsible for any extra charges to the customer out of our pockets.

Glad you figured it out man!!!!!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz