Sonic Electronix

New, help me with my first setup please.

Hey everyone, I was told to come here for some help with car audio from people who know what they're talking about. So let's get started :)

I have a 2001 Ford Focus (SE I believe, not sure though) . I'm looking for some "car/vision vibrating" bass, with decent sound quality (At least be able to hear the song lyrics, while still feeling the bass) . Now, I'm new so I want to know what the best setup I could get that is safe for my Focus and around $1,000, give or take $100. Also, if you don't mind ( You don't have to ) explain what something means if you say it (RMS/2 Ohms), because I have no idea what that stuff means. But otherwise, tell me wat you think and why it would be good. My Focus has factory speakers, and I don't have a head unit. I measured the trunk, and surprisingly it seems like it can fit a Dual 15" Vented Sub Box. It is not a hatchback Focus, it's a four door sedan. Thanks so much for the help, send me a message if you need anything, otherwise post.

- J Dubb

Hey I am kinda new in the sense that i have not been exposed to a lot of brands but I do know about a box or too. One thing that i have failed to consider when building a box is not if it it will fit in your trunk but if you can get it into your trunk, in my experience the best thing to do is make a cardboard prototype and try to get it into your car first then go from there. As far as subs and amps are concerned the Alpine Type-R 15" subs are pretty nice and Alpine makes the MRP-M2000 amp to match. Just my suggestions and thoughts.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

The best way to do like what was said is to have your trunk measured out for the size box you want in in a reasonable size will do.A card board representation you should build first to fit your exact measurements for your trunk after you do that your next step is to tune the real box after fabrication that the box will need once you have it made. next thing you need to do is have help changing out your head unit.A good reasonable brand would be pioneer most of there aftermarket stereo,s that i have heard sound pretty clear in sound.And when you change out your inside speakers and make sure your after

market speakers fit the whole flesh that way you get good sounding mids and highs from the inside of your car.Another thing to pay attention to is your power wire thicknes to your amp the bigger the better means more power flow.It will also help with bass to what ever speaker you are running.Is to run 2 to 4 gauge wire inside your speaker box and out side from the amp to your to your woofer box.better clearer sound.That is what i have done and it has not failed me at all so good luck buddy and keep asking questions you,ll get a lot of people from this sight some are friendly some arent but they are bluntly honest with you and each other.So good luck on your audio.

VehicleCurrentlyOwned:2000Malibu

\/MySystem\/

Ken-Wood HeadUnit

Cars interior panels Custom blue Done by ME

Pheonix Power block running both amps

Stinger pro series four gauge wire flex material

RimsBrand:Polo

Interior lighting Blue neon bars under and around dash

Capaciter:Pyle Dryver 1.7 farad digital meter read off new(INSTALLED)

http://blog.sounddomain.com/photos/orion/april_21_07_004_2.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

The best way to do like what was said is to have your trunk measured out for the size box you want in in a reasonable size will do.A card board representation you should build first to fit your exact measurements for your trunk after you do that your next step is to tune the real box after fabrication that the box will need once you have it made. next thing you need to do is have help changing out your head unit.A good reasonable brand would be pioneer most of there aftermarket stereo,s that i have heard sound pretty clear in sound.And when you change out your inside speakers and make sure your after

market speakers fit the whole flesh that way you get good sounding mids and highs from the inside of your car.Another thing to pay attention to is your power wire thicknes to your amp the bigger the better means more power flow.It will also help with bass to what ever speaker you are running.Is to run 2 to 4 gauge wire inside your speaker box and out side from the amp to your to your woofer box.better clearer sound.That is what i have done and it has not failed me at all so good luck buddy and keep asking questions you,ll get a lot of people from this sight some are friendly some arent but they are bluntly honest with you and each other.So good luck on your audio.

:unsure: are you telling this guy to run 2 or 4 gauge to his subs?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

:unsure: are you telling this guy to run 2 or 4 gauge to his subs?

Well even so, it wouldn't hurt anything :spiteful:

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread