Second Skin Audio

good daily tuning

What would be a good daily tuning frequency for my box for 2 12" type rs ill have a model of the box I want to build

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

I agree anywhere from 35 to 40 hz is ideal. I usually don't tune above 35 for daily.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I agree anywhere from 35 to 40 hz is ideal. I usually don't tune above 35 for daily.

Okay..I'm almost done with my box design..ill show you what I want and would you be able to help me tune it

2002 Chevy Blazer

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

you can find exo's box calculator and do it yourself. honestly I work 60 plus hrs a week. If I help you with that I'm going to have to skip my shower and the wife wont like that at all

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you can find exo's box calculator and do it yourself. honestly I work 60 plus hrs a week. If I help you with that I'm going to have to skip my shower and the wife wont like that at all

Sorry I didn't mean you personally i forgot to erase the quote

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...

For daily I tune all my boxes for my own vehicle to 37hz. It's not too low and not too high. It will play 30hz no problem as well as 50hz with ease. Everything from The Dave Matthews Band to E-40 sounds good and can be played loud on my box in my car. The rolloff is pretty nice too. I've only tested it on burps and the peak note for my daily box is 43hz and will do a 151.9 there. I haven't tested the rolloff since I've made upgrades but when it did a 151.3 at 43hz it would do a 150.2 at 35hz and even a 149.7 at 30hz as well as a 149.8 at 47hz and still put up a 149.0 at 50hz.

It also helps to know the resonant freq of your vehicle so you can tune around that. You can still get very loud tuning away from the resonant freq but it takes more work. In my case the resonant freq of my ZX3 is 52hz and I tune to 37hz. While I can do a 151.9 with a box that is tuned to 37hz peaking at 43hz I have my spl box that is tuned to 46hz peaking at 52hz and does a bit over a 153. I am getting an increase due to the cabin gain.

May I ask what kind of vehicle is it? That would honestly help me to tell you where would be a good place to start for tuning that will give you some cabin gain. Unless your only interested in playing super low freq's like some people then it's not a good idea to tune around your resonant freq cause it will more than likely be too high unless you have a large suv.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

For daily I tune all my boxes for my own vehicle to 37hz. It's not too low and not too high. It will play 30hz no problem as well as 50hz with ease. Everything from The Dave Matthews Band to E-40 sounds good and can be played loud on my box in my car. The rolloff is pretty nice too. I've only tested it on burps and the peak note for my daily box is 43hz and will do a 151.9 there. I haven't tested the rolloff since I've made upgrades but when it did a 151.3 at 43hz it would do a 150.2 at 35hz and even a 149.7 at 30hz as well as a 149.8 at 47hz and still put up a 149.0 at 50hz.

It also helps to know the resonant freq of your vehicle so you can tune around that. You can still get very loud tuning away from the resonant freq but it takes more work. In my case the resonant freq of my ZX3 is 52hz and I tune to 37hz. While I can do a 151.9 with a box that is tuned to 37hz peaking at 43hz I have my spl box that is tuned to 46hz peaking at 52hz and does a bit over a 153. I am getting an increase due to the cabin gain.

May I ask what kind of vehicle is it? That would honestly help me to tell you where would be a good place to start for tuning that will give you some cabin gain. Unless your only interested in playing super low freq's like some people then it's not a good idea to tune around your resonant freq cause it will more than likely be too high unless you have a large suv.

Well..as of right now I have a 1997 Ford Contour..but when summer comes around I might be upgrading to something else..everything is stock except for the stereo system.

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...

Well..as of right now I have a 1997 Ford Contour..but when summer comes around I might be upgrading to something else..everything is stock except for the stereo system.

Well lucky for you my wife had a 1996 contour and is the exact same thing. What seemed to work well was the woofer firing foward and the port to the driver's side on the side of the enclosure. I cut all the plastic pannel that is on the back wall of the trunk mounted to the rear seats. It helped to get some of the sound into the vehicle but it pretty much sucks since the seats don't fold down at all. You might be able to try cutting the rear deck out some to port it there. I think that would work but it is going to be trial and error. I can tell you to tune around 37 in that car and you'll be good. While I never metered the car I did have a box in there tuned to 36 and it did great for her.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Well lucky for you my wife had a 1996 contour and is the exact same thing. What seemed to work well was the woofer firing foward and the port to the driver's side on the side of the enclosure. I cut all the plastic pannel that is on the back wall of the trunk mounted to the rear seats. It helped to get some of the sound into the vehicle but it pretty much sucks since the seats don't fold down at all. You might be able to try cutting the rear deck out some to port it there. I think that would work but it is going to be trial and error. I can tell you to tune around 37 in that car and you'll be good. While I never metered the car I did have a box in there tuned to 36 and it did great for her.

well i still havent been able to finish my box drawing on sketch up. Once I do i will show you and see what you guys think, and do you think 36 hz would be a good frequncy in like a 2001ish tahoe or Ford Escape. I plan on getting an SUV because I need the height and 4x4 because I live on gravel and they like never plow my road so a car isnt gonna cut it but i want some gas mileage so i didnt want a truck

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...