Sundown Audio

It depends on which coil you have. The ones in my Nightshades are 50mm coils but there were also other different sizes. Iirc there were 42mm, 50mm, and 56mm length coils that were used in the Nightshades. The 46mm coil was in the origional and was the loudest of the 3, the 56mm coil was the long coil option that Jake was offering, and the 50mm coils are the newest that have the vents in them. Only a select few have the vented 50mm coils since the Nightshade is no longer in production.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

It depends on which coil you have. The ones in my Nightshades are 50mm coils but there were also other different sizes. Iirc there were 42mm, 50mm, and 56mm length coils that were used in the Nightshades. The 46mm coil was in the origional and was the loudest of the 3, the 56mm coil was the long coil option that Jake was offering, and the 50mm coils are the newest that have the vents in them. Only a select few have the vented 50mm coils since the Nightshade is no longer in production.

Appreciate it, so I have the 56mm coil. While I have this thread open might as well ask. Do you know the xmax on the nightshades with long coil/extra spiders?

teamsundown-1.jpg

Overhang x-max is easy to calculate.

(Coil Height - Top Plate Height) / 2

So by this basic method you have 15.5mm

This isn't really accurate on a LGLC topology... it's actually closer to 25mm since at the overhang point you still have 25mm coil in the gap.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg