Sonic Electronix

ok so im gone be running 2 sundown 2000d amps in my new build in the truck. my question is when im running the 4000rms for burps or short demos, how many batteries do i need??? im going to get 2 DC alts that put out 180amps at idle each and ill have one of the large XS batts under the hood in place of my stock battery. will i be able to get away with just that one battery if its big enough or will i need more????

thanks guys :hairtrick:

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

i would think the altS would make it all gravy maybe like andy said just toss a batt in the back.

ok, all i needed to know. thanks yall

1 3500d AQ amp

I run 2 Sundown 2000d's in my car for daily and burps. Daily I run them each at .5 ohms. My electrical consists of a Deka G34 up front, 2 XS Power D 3100's in the spare tire well, 3 runs of 0 guage from the + to the rear, big 3 done in 0 up front, and a 260 amp Iraggi alt. The setup doesn't drop below 13 volts full tilt. I am getting ready to run a set of 0 guage wires to the back from the same place where the alt is grounded up front. That should help me gain a few tenths spl and voltage wise since there is some drop.

For spl I run the same amps strapped at .5 ohms, so each amp see's .25 ohms. They will protect unless you roll the volume up gradualy. The electrical is the same as the daily electrical. I do not drop below 13.3 on a full tilt burp. I haven't clamped the amps since I added the new alt to the car but when I had the stock and the voltage dropped to 11.8 on a full tilt burp I made just over 5200 watts. I would say I'm much closer to 6K watts now.

I hope this helps you out some.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If you're planning on having dual alts then I'd suggest something like a Northstar NSB-70 under hood + (2) NSB-125s in back. Obviously using the appropriate power/ground wires also and you should have a pretty rock solid electrical setup for that power.

Personally I'd just get 1 big alt, nice under hood batt like mentioned above, and (3) NSB-125s out back.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

If you're planning on having dual alts then I'd suggest something like a Northstar NSB-70 under hood + (2) NSB-125s in back. Obviously using the appropriate power/ground wires also and you should have a pretty rock solid electrical setup for that power.

Personally I'd just get 1 big alt, nice under hood batt like mentioned above, and (3) NSB-125s out back.

Reason for dual alts is because I have room for them along with one good beafy batt under the hood. It's hard to fit two batterie in back if not imposible unless I had a bed cover. So if I can get by with two alts and a good batt I'll give it a shot

1 3500d AQ amp

Reason for dual alts is because I have room for them along with one good beafy batt under the hood. It's hard to fit two batterie in back if not imposible unless I had a bed cover. So if I can get by with two alts and a good batt I'll give it a shot

Run a multicell batt under the hood with two alts and you'll be fine. You can get a Battcap 8400 that would be equilivent to a pair of D3100's or get a CS9000. The CS9000 is a Cactus Sounds battery and is probably the baddest on planet earth of it's kind. They were used in most of the Street Max vehicles in DB Drag when multi's were allowed to be used. That would be a battey I would still run in NSPL since it's completely legal for me to do so. If I were wealthy that is. They cost around 2 grand brand new and finding them used is a bit of a chore. The Battcaps are easier to come by and are almost as good of a battery.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz