zfrerichs Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 i dont think hes hating, i just feel for s 60+ dollar box design you want that shit to be the best it can be and some of those joints are only half the woods depth making them half as strong i understand that Roseville, CA
SQMonte Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 your really gonna try to hate on him? lolWhat's to hate on? Last time I checked, I asked a question, I never knew asking a question was trying to hate. Looking at the pic of his box it's clear that the box isn't being assembled properly, but I didn't want to assume that he was going to leave it like that which is why I asked the question. It looked to me, at first glance, like it was a dry fit. I know if I was building a box and wasn't doing it right, I'd want to know about instead of having everyone telling me how great it was knowing it's not right. I like to think most people feel the same way. Anyone who doesn't or feels like it's hating by pointing it out is just retarded. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
kingsuv Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 you better make sure your cuts are 100% precise, petes designs are based on that. one mistake or a small air leak will completely change the output. Hell the only time you need to worry about being precise is in an spl application. I doubt most people will ever hear a difference in sound if something is a little off. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
loburbon Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 Hell the only time you need to worry about being precise is in an spl application.I doubt most people will ever hear a difference in sound if something is a little off. im just repeating what pete and steve from dd have said about petes designs. Pete states that his designs are computer modeled to a certian design and any deviation from those designs can and will affect the output and sound. 2000 gmc yukon 4 sundown Zv3 15's 4 dd m2a's kenwood kdc-x994 2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000 dual alts. 154@37hz and climbing http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683 http://www.myspace.com/torque150
kingsuv Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 im just repeating what pete and steve from dd have said about petes designs. Pete states that his designs are computer modeled to a certian design and any deviation from those designs can and will affect the output and sound. I totally agree it will affect the output, but unless he is looking for a one note wonder, he will never hear the output difference if it is tuned a little different the model. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
loburbon Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 I totally agree it will affect the output, but unless he is looking for a one note wonder, he will never hear the output difference if it is tuned a little different the model. in my first post i said output, come on bill, dont confuse my blonde ass like that. you had me thinking i typed something different. 2000 gmc yukon 4 sundown Zv3 15's 4 dd m2a's kenwood kdc-x994 2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000 dual alts. 154@37hz and climbing http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683 http://www.myspace.com/torque150
kingsuv Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 in my first post i said output, come on bill, dont confuse my blonde ass like that. you had me thinking i typed something different. It's all good bro, I laugh when I see posts from someone building their first box with a concern that it won't sound right cause it wasn't exact. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
loburbon Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 on a standard box i know it wont, but when pete says it himself about his designs, i just had to pass it on. i have four different designs from pete, but i havent built a single one. 2000 gmc yukon 4 sundown Zv3 15's 4 dd m2a's kenwood kdc-x994 2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000 dual alts. 154@37hz and climbing http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683 http://www.myspace.com/torque150
zfrerichs Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 What's to hate on? Last time I checked, I asked a question, I never knew asking a question was trying to hate. Looking at the pic of his box it's clear that the box isn't being assembled properly, but I didn't want to assume that he was going to leave it like that which is why I asked the question. It looked to me, at first glance, like it was a dry fit. I know if I was building a box and wasn't doing it right, I'd want to know about instead of having everyone telling me how great it was knowing it's not right. I like to think most people feel the same way. Anyone who doesn't or feels like it's hating by pointing it out is just retarded. i took as hating, sounded to me like you were trying to be an ass Roseville, CA
OrionStang Posted December 5, 2009 Author Report Posted December 5, 2009 So you're gonna leave the sides hanging out like that? Yeah. Once I realized the cuts on the top and bottom were off, I decided to build it anyway, kind of a practice run. I'm gonna get another sheet of MDF next weekend, and pay more attention to my cutting. Like I said before, this was my first time ever doing any woodwork. Plus I get to build two boxes SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.