newls1 Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 I dont have the money to buy Second Skin/dynamat/etc.... products, and it was brought to my attention from Brian (Sanitarium) that the cheap "Peel and Seal" works well. Well, after some bullshiting, we went to Lowes (Only place that carries this in my area) and bought 1 6" x 25FT roll, and this was enough to do my 2 rear doors in my tahoe 2-3 layers thick. AMAZING DIFFERENCE! Just knocking on the door feels like your knocking on a 1ton piece of steel. I am addicted at this point, so yesterday I go back to lowes and charge another 13$ to my CC for another roll so I can do my front doors. After spending a few hours installing 2-3 layers on both front doors and making sure the woofer holes were well coated on both sides as well as the door itself, the doors are now like 15lbs heavier, and make a "THUD" sound when they are closed! The mid bass from my RF comps in the doors as well as my RF comps in my "kicks" make so much mid bass now, my mirrors are shaking like crazy. I actually had to turn down the bass gain on the HU after this install. Crystal clear mids and highs in my tahoe now. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER do another audio install without doing some sort of sound deadner first. This peel and seal stuff is cheap and works very well for the "POOR MAN" Anyone else ever use "peel and seal?" I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Hunters21w Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 Dang thats awesome, Ive heard of usin that stuff from lowes but I didnt see it at mine. Do you know the exact name of it? Im def gonna buy some soon! 06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400
now534 Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 I've used it on my doors and part of the back wall of my cab. I pulled my door panel off the other day and saw that half of it had fallen off but that was for not prepping right but the parts that were prepped right are still in place. It made a huge difference for me as well Mids and Highs sounded a lot more crisp and it sounded like a tank closing the doors. Oh and i found my product in the roofing section at Home Depot. It should pretty much be the same as Lowes or Menards wherever you go. It looks like metal flashing a little but has a i believe butyl based backing that just peels and sticks.
Red-navi-916 Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 x2 used the same shit bro it did magic on my roof i must get more lol BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
Guest Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none how do you prep stuff like this, you got me interested now.
Immutablemoney Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 I've heard of using the "peel and seal" stuff but never tried it, does that stuff smell like asphalt at all? I decided to buy some hushmat instead and that shit stopped almost all of my trunk rattle I just need to buy more husmat or second skin to finish the rest of the car.
newls1 Posted December 6, 2009 Author Report Posted December 6, 2009 http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=nonehow do you prep stuff like this, you got me interested now. all i did was use my HEAT GUN to heat up the "GLUEY MEMBRANE" then quickly set it in place. Once this stuff (AFTER HEATED) touches a surface, IT IS NOT COMING OFF PERIOD!! Brian (Sanitarium) was here with me when we first tried this stuff, and HEATING THE GLUE IS KEY. Without heating the glue, it would stick for a few minutes then fall off. I did a test piece on a can that I HEATED before I set it in place, and the metal on the can is "tweaking" if I try to peel it off. Very strong stuff..... I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
newls1 Posted December 6, 2009 Author Report Posted December 6, 2009 I've heard of using the "peel and seal" stuff but never tried it, does that stuff smell like asphalt at all? I decided to buy some hushmat instead and that shit stopped almost all of my trunk rattle I just need to buy more husmat or second skin to finish the rest of the car. No, NOT AT ALL! I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Guest Posted December 6, 2009 Report Posted December 6, 2009 all i did was use my HEAT GUN to heat up the "GLUEY MEMBRANE" then quickly set it in place. Once this stuff (AFTER HEATED) touches a surface, IT IS NOT COMING OFF PERIOD!! Brian (Sanitarium) was here with me when we first tried this stuff, and HEATING THE GLUE IS KEY. Without heating the glue, it would stick for a few minutes then fall off. I did a test piece on a can that I HEATED before I set it in place, and the metal on the can is "tweaking" if I try to peel it off. Very strong stuff..... i assume you use a wooden roller of some sort? thats some easy ass instructions ill tell you what. would a hairdryer substitute a heatgun? i doubt it but it never hurts to ask
newls1 Posted December 6, 2009 Author Report Posted December 6, 2009 i assume you use a wooden roller of some sort? thats some easy ass instructions ill tell you what. would a hairdryer substitute a heatgun? i doubt it but it never hurts to ask I dont think a hair drier would work to well, but try it if you dont have a heat gun. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.