Second Skin Audio

TSNS 18 Box thread

you are correct that it takes the least path of resistance but it cannot change direction spontaneously. therefore when the air hits the port walls it will move the the far left then bounce off that wall and then out the port

no, it doesnt work like that, lol

im not going argue back and forth but no, it wont bounce back and forth, u are exciting a given volume of air back and forth in a vent, with the sub there, it will not utilize the entire box as its volume which will alter tuning, likely way higher and throw port surface area off as well since the volume will be smaller

the air isnt changing directions persae, u are moving the air already in the box in and out of the port (which has a given volume of air as well) which either restricts or accelerates the excited air that was present already in the box

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

185.png

ight current box and im definatl not happy with it

5.36 cubes 37hz 73 inch of port one 3500 saz at 0.7

30hz 1.8ohms reactive 17xx watts

35hz 2.1ohm reactive 16xx watts

40hz 2.6ohms reactive 14xx

ohm rise might be off i dont have exact specs but they are close

Edited by zfrerichs

Roseville, CA

Hey bro I only had full 8" ports in there, no flares alone... What vehicle is this going in??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

If i had my 3 8's still i could make a video and show you that your wrong.

alright, talk out your ass

you have no proof and therefore no argument so gtfo

all im sayin is when you look at a tline for instance why are there 45's in it? cut down on turbulence. why is there turbulence? air travels in a straight line opposite of the way it is being pushed

lets get scientific. the sub creates a high pressue area in the box which causes the air to move away to a lower pressure area. the lowest pressure area is the port (obviously) but when that wall (the first box) is placed behind the sub it causes a new low pressure area in realtion to the port wall. i.e. the left side of the box. once the air has moved past the port wall (effectively a new box) the air finds a lower place of resistance (port). so like i said before. the way he had that first box built made the air move to the left and then to the right. it is possible that it may not have gone all the way to the left due to the length of the port wall but the air did go to the left first.

im thinking of individual particles too, not the whole air mass as one.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Which way are you firing the sub + port(s)??

For the huge amount of power you're running here is my suggestion --> 4.75ft3 @ 34hz, 38-47.5in^2 of port area using a single 8" aeroport.. Idk what works best as far as which way sub/port(s) are firing or I'd suggest that also. I'm guessing woofer forward, port facing upwards or something of that manner. Do a design using an 8" aero, let me know how long it needs to be including flare, and I'll cut one of my extra eight inchers down if I have one long enough.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace