Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

wow. 5 pages and the guy is still fucking wondering which brand to get...can you make up your god damn mind kid? seriously. 99% of us have been saying Fi.

Fi is reconable, Kicker is not (exception of the solo x)

Fi is cheaper on the basis of power handling and build quality

Fi isnt ran in your area i guess since everyone is kicker krazy

Fi is better...end thread

Well, ill start off with, I have never owned and Fi sub. Cant remember if ive heard one or not.

But i have had 2 kicker L5s for about 3 or 4 years now, I also got them from a place on the internet for like 75 bucks each. so i dont know if they were brand new or refurbs. but they havent failed me yet. when i had them in my car, i had them on 800 watts a piece and they took it as long as i gave it to them. I also had one of the L5s on about 1100 watts for about 5 months. So nobody should say they cant handle more than rated power.

right now the L5s are in my girlfriends camaro with 800 watts to each, in a sealed box. As for numbers.. I metered it last weekend for a second time and it put up a 143.5 on music with the driver door open,..In a Sealed box.

The subs i have now are Audiopulse axis's. They have some of the best sound quality ive heard. night and day compared to the kickers. But id expect that comparing those two subs.

yall gotta stop hating on kicker.

i dont hate kicker, i hate the assholes that show up, ask for advise, and are then mad that kicker didnt win the vote... Kicker as everyone has been saying is mainstream, just like RF, JL, and JBL. All of these company's are competing on a different level than that of Fi, DD, DC, Sundown, etc... those companys do there competing in the lanes. The main stream company's dont give a shit about the lanes. Take kicker for instance, they had a vehicle in the lanes that was doing 160's+ but they didnt care and dumped team kicker...

I find it funny that the few people in this thread that are fully supporting kicker over Fi have never owned an Fi sub or heard one for that matter. Yet they are claiming Fi is shit...

it falls back into that same realm of the know it alls that dont know nothing, for instance this is what a buddy of mine said the other day "i run a 1200w amp to my 2 12's, so theres no way your 2 12's off 500wrms can be louder" well guess what his 1200watt amp turned out to be a 2 channel 1200watt max sony xplode amp, oh and his 12's were in a prefab POS box. I listened to his system, he turned everything as far up as it could go, to the point where i swear i could actually watch the subs move out and stop before going back again. It sounded like shit, smelled like shit, hell it was even as annoying as shit... Then we went over to my car, he couldnt believe that it was only 500watts. Of which is kicker btw... The point im getting at is, he was ignorant. He believed everything the box said when he bought it. Its the same way with 80% of the people that buy mainstream shit...

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

it was also mine.... kthxbai

Youre a fawking moron. Weve tried giving you advice, take it or leave it.

IMO this thread should get locked, aint shit else we can say to this guy.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Dunno why everybody is on the kicker TrAShIn BAndWAgOn but if your going to compare an Fi (product thats nowere to be found or

heard in the public's eye) which im not saying nothings bad about how the subs made. Im sure it has better power rate

handlings. Even though personally i never seen those subs at first hand but im sure their good subs since all you guys

seem to hype em up.. Theirs only one sub i see out there thats built as Kicker's strong hold and its hands down the

kicker L7 15. Besides it not being their top made sub (Solo X18).

The L7's have all been different throughout the years. Every 2 years the models were different. I cant really say

nothing about the 08 n 09 models but i had the 06 models and the 03's and both had their deep separate ways of bass.

Once again depending on the box design and etc i would love to see 6 fi 15's against 6 L7's 15 in a ported or sealed

slamming box and then you can say whos the champ.

PS Just dont doubt kickers square cone area cause it'l come back and haunt ya ass..Let the flames beginn.. :diablo:

My guess is you've never heard anything other then the stuff local shops sell. I have several team mates in Chicago who were all about who would be more then happy to have a friendly sound off against your L7's. These are all daily driver set ups that play music and get decently loud using internet brand subs: DD, AQ, RD, DC, etc... even have a set up with 2 L7's.

If you're interested in hearing a world ousside of kickerville let me know as it would be rather interesting I'm sure.

You find the ride with 6 L7's and I'd be glad to bring my 4 15's down and shut him up :o Just like I did at the WGCI shows this summer when my little altima took home the $1k...

This whole thread has turned into a pissing match that just needs to be laid to rest.

To the op, do what ever.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived