kinetiks in cold weather

couple questions

how many batts do you have?

what is each batt reading with the car running and with it off?

couple questions

how many batts do you have?

what is each batt reading with the car running and with it off?

2 batteries kinetik 2000 in front 2400 in back

car off it reads 12.4, car on 11.9 volts which is why i think its the alternator but it reads 11.9 with system on heat and headlights.

just put in a duralast gold battery and now its at 12.1 with car running

the guys that did all my install said that the kinetiks cant hold a charge in this cold weather and that the duralast i put in is reading what it should be at

Edited by LiL PiNoY

sounds like your alternator isn't charging bro. that's the same problem had had a couple years back when i alternator was going out ......... i have kinetik batteries and they were sitting at 12.8 with my truck off and 12.2 while driving. now it doesn't get down to 10 degrees here in VA like you are but it has gotten down to 26 and with my new alt, i'm still sitting at 15.3.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

in the winter my batteries are usually a volt higher, because the alt is cold it performs better, or something like that. But it just seems like to me my batteries hold way more of a charge when cold. Its about 5 degrees out here at night and i have a 2400 and 2000 as well.

they arent the best when exposed to the elements but if u have one under hood i would recomend a red top optima not a yellow and the trunk find a way to keep warm when driving or maybee it needs charged.

why not a yellow top?

i had my g31 sit for the past month and lemme tell you it was worst thing to do, i left it in my van and it got down to -40 this past week and i had it running yesterday we jumped it and came back again this morning and nothing

got it working and drover her home and turns out the batt was sitting at 4volts

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

in the winter my batteries are usually a volt higher, because the alt is cold it performs better, or something like that. But it just seems like to me my batteries hold way more of a charge when cold. Its about 5 degrees out here at night and i have a 2400 and 2000 as well.

Are you sure about that? Have you checked with the car off? Check them in the morning, before you start your car. Thats a better way to figure out if theyre holding it better or not. You cant say they do when the car is on, because thats the alt. And right after you shut the car off, they just got done being charged by your alt. Your alt works better in cold, so it will better charge the batts. But if your resting voltage in the morning is better in the winter than the summer, then yes, they do hold it better in the car. But if not, which they shouldnt, youll see its the opposite.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Oh ya, EX: look at CA vs CCA on a batt. Which is lower? CCA, Always. Batts dont like cold.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

im also in the higher voltage in the cold, its dipped well into the 20's here and is going to be in the single digits this coming week

agm is more responsive to cold than lead acid, but function to -40f apparently. Even leaving mine sitting for a week doesnt get them to drop much under their normal 12.9, and they charge a bit higher in the cold (14.6 compared to 14.4 or 13.8 if its been beat in the heat)

if youre charging at 12, its something with the alt, or a dead cell in a batt. try disconnecting the rear kinetik and leave the duralast underhood. if the voltage rises by the end of the day, the back battery may be in need of some sulfide destroying high voltage refreshing.

if not, the alt is gone, and its time to look for an alternative, and considering you have 2 big batts its probably time to find a proper h.o.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC