what the hype on honda crx for systems?

Im asking due to the fact I usually see BIG numbers come out of these cars. I also am asking because as I was driving off campus today I happened to notice one for sale by some other girl who needed the money for school or something is it worth picking it up? My friend says they are really good for comps any opinions?

steven.jpg

there is a reason you see them alot for comps, they are generally easy to get loud if you do it right, have 1 set window line for db drag and its a honda so parts for it are cheap to fix, plus they can look super sexy when they are done up right

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

yep they are pretty good, but they by far are not easy to get loud most people think they are, but every little thing in a crx is a factor. Box size, freq, port area, how close to the back hatch, how close to back wall, placement of box, batts, etc what gen crx, what make on and on. I will tell you a simple factor 4inch aeros vs 6inch aeros is like night an day in a crx depends what you have a DX, HF, SI.

Edited by jmanjr82

They get very loud very easily, it's not just a coincidence that generally the loudest street a,b,c cars in the US are CRXs... They have a small cabin area and large cargo area for the size of the car.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

They get very loud very easily, it's not just a coincidence that generally the loudest street a,b,c cars in the US are CRXs... They have a small cabin area and large cargo area for the size of the car.

X2.

Plus I just love "older" Honda's.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

I pulled my system out the other day and a put it in a Jeep.Cherokee The jeep was 4 db's quieter. Nothing scientific just I was pulling it anyway and we thought we would try if for fun.

The reason for yanking it is going to experiment with walling it off and 2 15's. Starting with 5k watts then going to nump it up to 10k this summer.

DX or HF stay away from any CRX with a sunroof.

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

ya there are really good cause there small and its a trunk..plus its a honda, drop a b20 turbo int here also and u be a pleaser at the track too!

do a h2b (h22 with a b16 tranny) and you'll be having some fun for a daily driver and at the track..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

• 4 weeks later...