So i've saved a couple hundred bucks so I can get my sub shipped to me from my moms house. Check UPS, $451!!!! Ok, check DHL, $486 !!!! Jesus Christ. I live on a military base, and these guys can't ship directly to me since 9-11. The USPS won't touch the package because its over 70 lbs (78.5), another 9-11 rule. Anybody know of any other international shipping companies that may be cheaper than UPS or DHL? My box is almost done and I have no sub :(

Edit: FedEx- $442

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Have you tried Google? Like typing in International shipping rates.

I did found a few things but couldn't really help cause I don't know your Mom's zip and such.. :)

Edit - http://www.bongous.com/shipping_cost_calculator.php

I don't know how this site quotes but all I did was type in MY zip and United States and this came up for quotes.

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.

Have you tried Google? Like typing in International shipping rates.

I did found a few things but couldn't really help cause I don't know your Mom's zip and such.. :)

Edit - http://www.bongous.com/shipping_cost_calculator.php

I don't know how this site quotes but all I did was type in MY zip and United States and this came up for quotes.

Thanks for the link. $418 from that site. Better, but still too high.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So i've saved a couple hundred bucks so I can get my sub shipped to me from my moms house. Check UPS, $451!!!! Ok, check DHL, $486 !!!! Jesus Christ. I live on a military base, and these guys can't ship directly to me since 9-11. The USPS won't touch the package because its over 70 lbs (78.5), another 9-11 rule. Anybody know of any other international shipping companies that may be cheaper than UPS or DHL? My box is almost done and I have no sub :(

Edit: FedEx- $442

Yeah dude, it sounds like you are SOL. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why you really need the sub out there..... but wouldn't it almost be cheaper to buy a new one there and then sell it on craiglist when you leave?

The only cheap way I never got to ship stuff overseas was when my company offered, so free (not sure on what they used) or if it fit in my suitcase (paying the extra fee there is pretty reasonable).

If it is something you can't get there, it is obviously going to be spendy but also be an easy thing to get lots of money back on CL.

images-1.jpg

Lemme see if some of my boys are still PCS'ing to Germany. If they are I COULD have it sent it household goods if you want.

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Lemme see if some of my boys are still PCS'ing to Germany. If they are I COULD have it sent it household goods if you want.

Thanks for the thought man. I contacted transport today and they want to meet with me about getting 'unaccompanied baggage' since I never used it. Little bend of the rules .. FTW

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

at that price you might as well buy a ground zero over there

I got a PWK box. Built exactly to this sub and vehicle. Unless I find a sub with the exact same specs as my Orion 12, it's not gonna happen. Where my post is at there is only one local audio shop and they charge 700 euro for the Orion HCCA 12.4, with the exchange rate thats about $1100. EFF THAT!!! This place is WAAAYYYY overpriced for everything.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread