I understand where slug is coming from, a little bit. I wouldn't spend that much time and effort if i were just buying an item or items. If i were trying to turn a profit, sure i would..

I think the only advantage of "sniping" would be to not get into bid wars. Say i post... a max bid of $100, cause i want to get a super deal. And say, you come along a little later a bet $125. And then i sit and think... Well, i can do $150. Which would drive the price up.

I think where he is coming from is... Let the early bidder max his bid at $100. Within the last few seconds, throw $150 as a bet, betting over his $100. This would mean, you would automatically win the auction $1 over what the guy was ORIGINALLY planning to spend. Last second = lest time for him to think "hey, it's worth $150". You see?

Like i said, if i were trying to turn a profit, it may help a little. But for the recreational eBaying I (and many others) do, setting a max bid a day or two before auction ends, works.

Edited by FatBoy2

1991 Chevrolet Camaro - 355ci, modded.

H/U - Alpine CDE - 9846

Components - Rockford Fosgate P1462/P1692

Drivers - (soon to be) 2- AudioQ HDC315-a's.

Amp - Audiopipe AP30001D.

there are programs that will bid in the last few seconds before an auction end. i think the one im used to is 3 seconds before ending

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I understand where slug is coming from, a little bit. I wouldn't spend that much time and effort if i were just buying an item or items. If i were trying to turn a profit, sure i would..

I think the only advantage of "sniping" would be to not get into bid wars. Say i post... a max bid of $100, cause i want to get a super deal. And say, you come along a little later a bet $125. And then i sit and think... Well, i can do $150. Which would drive the price up.

I think where he is coming from is... Let the early bidder max his bid at $100. Within the last few seconds, throw $150 as a bet, betting over his $100. This would mean, you would automatically win the auction $1 over what the guy was ORIGINALLY planning to spend. Last second = lest time for him to think "hey, it's worth $150". You see?

Like i said, if i were trying to turn a profit, it may help a little. But for the recreational eBaying I (and many others) do, setting a max bid a day or two before auction ends, works.

This ^^^

images-1.jpg

Real life and Ebay are 2 whole different things. The only time that his bid for instance reach $150 is if someone bid $149. So if you cant see that logic, as i know everyone else can, then i dunno. Also, like i said earlier, Real life is different then Internet. I in person will haggle on a item if i was goin to buy it in person, but you cant haggle on and auction.

Yes early bidding does cause the price to be higher, cause everyone bids trying to out bid the person that early bids. I do snipe on items fyi, it does make me mad that people put early bids, casue that raises the price of the object higher and higher. You just dont see wat collin was saying. He likes to bid on items on ebay, but he either doesnt have the time, or patience to wait to bid on an item all the way to the last seconds of an auction. But in person, you can see and feel the object in person, unlike ebay all you see is a picture.

Im done here, and I hope you see what everyone is trying to say.

No, I understand. And another reason I don't put in that price early is because then its one more thing for me to remember about having to pay for and deal with.

I might see another auction that is about to end and is a better deal while that bid is sitting there for 4 days rotting.

images-1.jpg

If you use firefox us this it works awesome and it takes the emotional bidding out of the equation.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5571

Read this earlier today and decided to try it out. Just wanted to say thanks for the link because it just won me a blackberry storm for a $124.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Read this earlier today and decided to try it out. Just wanted to say thanks for the link because it just won me a blackberry storm for a $124.

Congrats. I was too chicken to use it without a test run.

Does it run on greasemonkey? I already got too many sketchy firefox scripts runnin hehe

images-1.jpg

Congrats. I was too chicken to use it without a test run.

Does it run on greasemonkey? I already got too many sketchy firefox scripts runnin hehe

Not sure what grease monkey is lol? I set it up earlier today on my lunch break and it ended tonight

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg