Was i to much of an asshole?

So a little back info, when i bought my car it had around 32000 miles on it and the tires were the originals. i go to the local tires plus and buy 4 tires for it with road hazard warranty totaling $500 and some change. drive the car for about 30000 miles without rotating the tires and the front tires go bald. I go back to them to buy 2 of the same exact tire to replace the fronts (without the road hazard), the rears still had lots of tread. about 15000 miles later i take it to the place i bought the tires from for a oil change (the regular place i usally went to closed) they do a oil change and "rotate" the tires. they just move the fronts to the back and the back tires to the front since they are directional. Now its about 3 months since that oil change and ive had a nail in my tire for about a month but it was not leaking much at all. I was adding air to the tire once a week. Finally last week when i got home i guess the tire started leaking air more rapidly. by about Tuesday it was completely flat. The tire is so flat it actally popped off the bead. so i call up tires plus and tell them whats up and that im just going to bring the tire in. they says its fine and there is not a wait at the moment.

So i get down there and bring the tire out of the back of my truck and roll it inside. the guy takes a look at it and says "its dry rotted" thn ask where the nail is. I show him where the nail is and he said its not fixable i will have to get a new tire. He tried telling me that was one of the 2 tires i bought the second time and i did not buy a warranty. I argue with him and he says he will look up the DOT #. Turns out it was one of the original 4. Then he goes on saying the roadhazard warranty is only good till the tire reaches 2/32" tread. and says it looks like its way below that. LOL. i ask him to get get a depth gauge and he checks it and its 5.5/32" and i just get pissed. he goes on telling me since that 63% of the tire is worn they will only cover 38% of the tire. I LOL'd at this point, 101%. he keeps talking and i say that's 37% off BTW. he gave me the go to hell look. i have the road hazard warranty this should have been a free repair. So i ask them what they can do they said the company stopped making my tire about a year ago and a "like" replacement would be $113.xx out the door with my pro rated discount from the road hazard. Im getting more pissed about this point since i payed LESS than that for the original, and this tire was not any better. Asked him what good the warranty does me if i end up paying more for a replacement with the warranty discount than i payed for the original. he starts talking some bullshit like im retarded and i just walk out. he follows me out to my truck and is walking behind me saying i can do it $20 cheaper. i basically ignore him and get in my truck and get ready to leave. im about to pull out and i decide to go back in because i remember another customer asking how Bob the manager was and the employee telling him hes on vacation. So i park the truck and go back inside and ask So whens your manager bob getting back. he tells me Tuesday and i just walk out with him following me. i get in my truck to leave and he is knocking on my window saying he will give me a free tire. Its some jank ass tire

but i was going to buy a new set of 4 anyways. so i take the tire and leave.

I have spent at least $900 at this place on 6 16" tires and oil change and they are still trying to fuck me over.

So was i to much of an ass?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i dont even have to read it and know that you were :D

:hi:

People think cause im 20 that im ignorant. -_-

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

lol you go to that janky place off 98?

Thanks for changing your avatar jp LOL that shit rules. cut out the license plate though

Edited by BulletInjection

alot of reading lol i work at discount tire and we get this kind of stuff all the time, YOU SHOULD OF GONE TO DISCOUNT TIRE :8) we do FREE repairs.....when a tire is dry rotted usually ADJUST them out almost like that road hazard warranty but if your tires are low thread then it prob would be able to do that, you said they had 5.5/32nds then ADJUSTING it out would of covered most of the price for that NEW tire. its hard to explain unless your there. plus usually if the customer get pissed off, we just GIVE them a new tire and call it a day. :clapping:

Edited by beatbox

alot of reading lol i work at discount tire and we get this kind of stuff all the time, YOU SHOULD OF GONE TO DISCOUNT TIRE :8) we do FREE repairs.....when a tire is dry rotted usually ADJUST them out almost like that road hazard warranty but if your tires are low thread then it prob would be able to do that, you said they had 5.5/32nds then ADJUSTING it out would of covered most of the price for that NEW tire. its hard to explain unless your there. plus usually if the customer get pissed off, we just GIVE them a new tire and call it a day. :clapping:

I went to the discount tire website and the closest one is about 3 hours away.

And this was off eglin pkwy in ft walton. across from mcdonalds.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER