need subs for a 3 way cab

Hey guys, trying to find out what kind of speakers to look at for a pair of sony ss-u770 3 way cabinets. Have 2 of these running of a kenwood kr-v7060 and both of the 12 in subs blew. I don't know what the crossover in the 3 way is set at thats why I posted the model.

Should I be looking for factory replacements if they even still make them? I was thinking of searching around partsexpress but I really don't know to much about home theater. I'm guessing these would be considered subwoofers and not woofers so I'm thinking these

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl....amp;ctab=1#Tabs

thanks in advance

whats your budget and what impedance you looking for?

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

I don't know his budget but I think 120-150 for both. I looked up the dayton reference series but I think those are out of his price range. He got his cabinets and receiver for free so I'm guessing he doesn't want to spend to much on it.

I think the subs are 8 ohm.

Thing is, your not looking for subs, your looking for just- bass drivers

I would honestly be looking more in the pro audio side of Parts express, not subwoofers

tower speakers like that usually use a bass driver than plays 50-1000hz- 2500hz very cleanly, so I would be looking in that area before subs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived