Big Kompy's Magnum XL Wall, 8 - 12s First Build

Hey guys.. I am new to this so go easy on me lol.. I just got my system up in going in my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. I'm from Harrison, Arkansas.. So car audio isn't real big here. Except for in my life lol.. Basically I just finished my wall of 8 Crunch Groundpounder 12"s running off my MA Audio 4kw Amp. I'm using a Kenwood Head Unit, and its all powered by a Kinetik HC1800 running under my hood. The big 3 upgrade has been completed thanks to the help of my buddy LoudBlazer!! Also, thanks to him, I'm running 3 sets of 1/0 gauge all the way back. 2 pos. 1 neg. He very soon I'll be getting two deep cycle marine batteries to run with my system, as well as a high output alt. The system is pretty loud, by far the loudest within 75miles would be my guess. However, I am having a big problem with my amp clipping, due to drops in voltage. As soon as the new alt is on, and the 2 deep cycles are in, I'm sure this issue will stop.

The box is built out of 3/4 MDF. Single Baffles. The box measures 54" wide, 42" Tall and 16" deep. It's a full wall in my extended cab truck. All joints have been wood glued, then when they were screwed with 1.5" wood screws, the screws were dipped in the glue as well. All joints and seams are sealed with approx. 1 gal. of Fiberglass resin, followed by 2 full tubes of silicone caulk. I wanted to be double sure lol.. The port is 5" tall, 40.5" long, and runs 10 1/4" back then down for 10 3/4" for overall port length of 21" With the box being 21cu. ft. The box is tuned to approx. 38htz. Was going for 34htz, however after a slight miss-measurement the box wouldn't fit so port modification had to be made.

I'm going to upload some pix now, so you all can see where I am on this build.. I just wanted to give a shout out to LoudBlazer for all his help, my brothers friends who helped me lift this hell of a best into my truck, and of course my dad for running all the power tools and being the comic relief during this 30 degree ice cold build lol..

Thanks, let me know what ya think!!

-Big Kompy

The truck itself...

1.jpg

2.jpg

The equipment...

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

The box.. here it is.. I'm not going to post alot of pix, because I'm sure most of you all know about fiberglass resin, silicone etc. etc. I don't have pix, but there is bracing. About 10ft total of 1" oak dowel rod. The box is sturdy as hell..

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Heres a pic of the wall in my truck...

10.jpg

And last but certainly not the least... Here is a picture of my dilemma..

11.jpg

My amp sits right at about 13.5 volts at idle. When I start bumping hard.. It drops to below 12 volts. Usually right around 11.9v

So my amp will start to clip.. I'm thinking between 2 new deep cycle marine batteries, and a new Alt will bring my volts up, and we'll be living loud again...

I haven't decided if I should go with Iraggi or DC Alt, or maybe something else that you recommend?

Please let me know what ya think of the system, the build, the wall etc. etc. Do you think the Marine Bat's & Alt will help with the Volt drop?

Jvc Arsenal KD-A815

Kicker Wiring

Big 3 Upgrade

Optima Yellowtop

Kinetik HC1800

Stinger 15f Hybrid Capacitor

18" Kicker Solo x

Kicker zx2500.1

Custom Box

Full Custom Mids/Highs Setup

Welcome to SMD! Nice build aswell. Sounds good and hits pretty hard. Was hoping for lower but its tight and ear annoying. Soon as I get this 18 powered we'll see who is loudest in town hehe. As for the voltage, like I said. Anything 11volts is bad. If we can keep it up in the mid 13s we should have you flexin hard!!!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Yeah, Bill told me bout Ma amps last night and I relayed the info. I told him to keep it easy till we get more batts atleast and alt later. Gonna work on some trim panels for him when he gets the new batts and we can wire them in.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Welcome to SMD! Nice build aswell. Sounds good and hits pretty hard. Was hoping for lower but its tight and ear annoying. Soon as I get this 18 powered we'll see who is loudest in town hehe. As for the voltage, like I said. Anything 11volts is bad. If we can keep it up in the mid 13s we should have you flexin hard!!!

Thanks man.. I will have the two marine batt's in 2 weeks or less... I like where the system is so far, but can't wait to see it reach its fullest potential.. Thanks again for all the help my brotha.. I made sure to give credit where credit was due..

Jvc Arsenal KD-A815

Kicker Wiring

Big 3 Upgrade

Optima Yellowtop

Kinetik HC1800

18" Kicker Solo x

Kicker zx2500.1

Custom Box

Thanks man.. I will have the two marine batt's in 2 weeks or less... I like where the system is so far, but can't wait to see it reach its fullest potential.. Thanks again for all the help my brotha.. I made sure to give credit where credit was due..

Your more then welcome. The cold ass weather sucked tho!!! We'll make it even prettier in time!!!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

hellz ya. Not bad. Careful, MA AUDIO amps are voltage whores.

Yeah I'm just now learning that.. It idles the 13.5 right now.. Drops below 12 when I bump.. not good.. not good at all.. got the 2 marine batt's on the way.. and eventually a new alt.. PROBABLY DC Alt... thanks!

Jvc Arsenal KD-A815

Kicker Wiring

Big 3 Upgrade

Optima Yellowtop

Kinetik HC1800

18" Kicker Solo x

Kicker zx2500.1

Custom Box

welcome to SMD

get the alt, you will notice the difference and you will love it, i wanna see a video of this thing

nice setup by the way

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived