Help me pick a new video card!!

Which one is my best bet? Ranking from what i think might be best, to worste -->

Radeon HD 4890 1GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102852

(^^^ GOT ALLOT OF BAD REVIEWS, also heard not compatible with win7 64bit?)

Radeon HD 4770 512MB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150369

(^^^ Im leaning towards this one)

GeForce GTS 250 1GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130514

GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130339

Whats going to give me the best bang for my buck?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

I have 2 9800GTX+ in SLI and it runs everything just fine. Never been an ATI fan boy only owned one card and it had all sorts of driver issues and fucked up but I hear the drivers have gotten better so maybe a 5890 would be good and why not just buy the best card that will not become out dated as quickly

Im running a single evga 9800gtx (same one you have a link too) and it runs pretty good on my computer, its bottlenecked a tad I think due to a older pc. But still works very great for gaming. Ill be tossing a pair in SLI soon I hope.

The best on your list is going to be the evga gts250, followed by the evga9800gtx, Its hard to say which would take 3rd and 4th. The ati4890 would be 3rd best but being its made by "saphire" that is prob the cause for many of the bad reviews you said. So Id go with the XFX ati card even tho its a lower model but made by a better brand name company. and the ati4890 last..

With video cards no matter if its Nvidia or Ati, its like compairing amps (sundown 3000wrms amp vs something like a Audiopipe 3000wrms) The sundown is going to cost a bit more, do rated power and some extra, and be cleaner sounds. Where the AudioPipe will just barley do 3000wrms, made from cheaper parts, costs half as much, etc.

Im running a single evga 9800gtx (same one you have a link too) and it runs pretty good on my computer, its bottlenecked a tad I think due to a older pc. But still works very great for gaming. Ill be tossing a pair in SLI soon I hope.

The best on your list is going to be the evga gts250, followed by the evga9800gtx, Its hard to say which would take 3rd and 4th. The ati4890 would be 3rd best but being its made by "saphire" that is prob the cause for many of the bad reviews you said. So Id go with the XFX ati card even tho its a lower model but made by a better brand name company. and the ati4890 last..

With video cards no matter if its Nvidia or Ati, its like compairing amps (sundown 3000wrms amp vs something like a Audiopipe 3000wrms) The sundown is going to cost a bit more, do rated power and some extra, and be cleaner sounds. Where the AudioPipe will just barley do 3000wrms, made from cheaper parts, costs half as much, etc.

pretty sure the GTS 250 benches less than the 9800 GTX+ and that saphire got great reviews. A lot of these cards are made in the same places just badged differently.

So I say IMO

9800GTX+

GTS 250

Also the 4890 may have eye-finity capabilities which is pretty damn cool

Edited by BulletInjection

Hey guys, i thank you all for your input. After alot of answers here, alot of research,and answers at pcmech.com.

I went and ordered the 4890.

I usually am an nvidia fanboy, but the last two cards i had failed on me.

My 6800gt went on me for reasons i still dont know, and just now my 7900gt ko failed.

They were both EVGA (a reputable brand) but they were unwilling to help me at all.

Gonna see how the ATI treats me, seems to bench test pretty good =]

800 stream processors, oh boyyy

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

good choice on the 4890

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone who may have wanted to know..

Got the card for christmas, the 4890.

so far i LOVE IT

Running in full 1080p on my 32" lcd. Takes games at relatively high settings.

Only bad thing was i had to order myself more RAM, 2 gigs just wasn't cutting it for windows 7

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's