just got the new macbook with 4gb memory and 500db hard drive. Total for the computer with shipping was $1,200 which I new it was going to be a little costly but i wanted to try out apple this school year. I've owned toshiba and IBM and dont like Dell to much. The last comp I had was 1gb mem and 60gb hard drive so i think im going to notice a huge differance.

anyone have a apple macbook and think I should know anything before i get it? any major flaws to look out for and so on. thanks

product-white-hero.jpg

overview-hero.png

Edited by FiBTLforlife

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

just got the new macbook with 4gb memory and 500db hard drive. Total for the computer with shipping was $1,200 which I new it was going to be a little costly but i wanted to try out apple this school year. I've owned toshiba and IBM and dont like Dell to much. The last comp I had was 1gb mem and 60gb hard drive so i think im going to notice a huge differance.

anyone have a apple macbook and think I should know anything before i get it? any major flaws to look out for and so on. thanks

product-white-hero.jpg

overview-hero.png

The Ram and hardrive are damn good honestly especially for a laptop so id say your already off to a great start. ive never owned one but i have played around with em cuz alot of my friends have em. i personally like em just dont have the money for em and all my friends love em, ive heard people complain about the OS but i didnt see anything wrong with that either. Overall id say go for it, i plan on owning one one day.

product-white-hero.jpg

overview-hero.png

thats a loud ass HD... :hairtrick: :D ...I am not a mac fan, I have heard from multiple people to do backups due to HD failures, but I guess you have that with any computer?

Edited by z71kris

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Hows it going I have using mac's for a few years, I use a macbook pro one of the things you may add is Firefox. Safari has had some problems viewing SMD, displaying the pics or graphics. I have not had the hard-drive problems reported, have fun sounds like good machine I am going to be upgrading soon as well.

I owned a iBook for 4 years and it has been great, a buddy of mine actually bought it from me recently; 1.2 Ghrz G4, 1.xx GB ddr2, 60 gb HD, 32mb GPU. Now keep in mind things are "slower" on old computers only because at you have experienced something new and faster. It never gave me any serious issues or acted up; yes sometimes you might have to power cycle them (macs) or something else random might happen, but that happens with any computer. Our shop alone has gone through 12 different PCs, 10 Macs, and countless printers. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro for my return to college and have been pleasantly surprised with it the entire time.

Now, yes.... the components that make up a Mac are the same as with PCs; BUT...............You pay for far far far far far far FAR less sh!t. Virus? ha.. Malware? ha.. Spyware? ...no.. "Oh but you just run software to clean.." Yes, but how about a computer than doesn't NEED that mommy care? Macs are not upgradable like most PCs, laptops obviously don't count. Macs can do anything (damn near- everyone can find a loophole) that PCs can, granted they are not the best for gaming unless you step it up to a higher end model. The feel of a mac is different than a PC, but it's all software related aside from a couple keys. I think if you're open minded about computers and not all "I know html...mmm...C++....mmm DOS monkey.." You'll be just fine; think of it as a new game console...just gotta get the hang of it.

Edited by soundman72

I owned a iBook for 4 years and it has been great, a buddy of mine actually bought it from me recently; 1.2 Ghrz G4, 1.xx GB ddr2, 60 gb HD, 32mb GPU. Now keep in mind things are "slower" on old computers only because at you have experienced something new and faster. It never gave me any serious issues or acted up; yes sometimes you might have to power cycle them (macs) or something else random might happen, but that happens with any computer. Our shop alone has gone through 12 different PCs, 10 Macs, and countless printers. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro for my return to college and have been pleasantly surprised with it the entire time.

Now, yes.... the components that make up a Mac are the same as with PCs; BUT...............You pay for far far far far far far FAR less sh!t. Virus? ha.. Malware? ha.. Spyware? ...no.. "Oh but you just run software to clean.." Yes, but how about a computer than doesn't NEED that mommy care? Macs are not upgradable like most PCs, laptops obviously don't count. Macs can do anything (damn near- everyone can find a loophole) that PCs can, granted they are not the best for gaming unless you step it up to a higher end model. The feel of a mac is different than a PC, but it's all software related aside from a couple keys. I think if you're open minded about computers and not all "I know html...mmm...C++....mmm DOS monkey.." You'll be just fine; think of it as a new game console...just gotta get the hang of it.

sigh im not getting into this battle. enjoy your mac book dude.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.