How to bypass any video deck

raytard

I searched and never saw anything, so i figured i'd make it

tutorials on bypassing common video decks just so no one has to ask again, if you know one i didn't post, reply and i'll edit.

basically start at the top unless you have a pioneer nav/jensen/alpine/dual/some jvc's. first ground the ParkingBrake wire and turn the unit on and see if that works. if not go to a switch method. If you have a pioneer/jensen/alpine/dual/some jvc's, follow those isntructions

-Generic bypass-ground the PB wire (usually lt green or pink, i usually tie it in with the black)

old decks, and a lot of cheaper ones work like this, if your instruction manual says something like "attach wire to parking break and engage to watch video" chances are this is the way. sometimes the wire will be pink or brown, usually lt green though.

-"switch" method 1

a lot of newer decks (jensen, pioneer non-nav's, etc) need this. basically if it always sees ground, it assumes you did the generic bypass, aka "improper parking brake installation" and keeps you locked out. if it sees ground engage after its turned on, it assumes you did it right. if the generic doesnt work, but ungrounding and regrounding the parkingbrake wire lets the video come on, this is your method.

get a toggle switch. tie one end to the parkingbrake line, the other to ground. flick to enjoy video.

-"switch" method 2

say you dont wanna hit a toggle everytime you want to watch a movie. say its easy to tie into the light on your cluster or console for "reverse". tap the parkingbrake line into the negative side of your reverse light (either in the socket or the associated wiring). when you put your car into gear, it goes ground-12v-ground, as the light goes off-on-off. this "flips the switch" as soon as you get into gear.

-"switch" method 3

get a relay before you wire up the h/u harness, we're going to tap into that. tie 87 into 85 use spade terminals, make a little daisy chain, and twist that with the black wire of the radio. pin 30 goes to your parkingbrake lead (lt green usually). pin 86 gets tapped in with your remote wire off of the h/u (blue with white line usually). basically what happens is at rest its an incomplete circuit. when you turn the radio on, it checks the PB wire first, and then after it boots fully it engages the remote power, which turns your amp on AND trips the relay to throw ground into the PB wire. Your radio no bypasses itself for you every time it boots, and it just cost you a relay and 4 spades.

-Alpine bypassing

alpine wants you to do this crazy dance with the parkingbrake and foot brake to throw + and - into the unit in a certain sequence. its a pain, and its unnecesary.

pac/peripheral makes a product called a "tr7" which is basically to bypass alpines. http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=596 it is like 20$ or so but its a whole lot easier than the dance, and it comes with instructions of how to hook it up as an alpine bypass.

-pioneer nav's

-z110bt

look at your rca harness, so the wires face you, and the clip is ontop. wire on the right top position is the mute wire. jimmy its pin out of the connector (may need a jewlers screwdriver or pin or something) and move it left to the open pin. ground that, and the parking brake line (even to the radio harness) ta-da, youre bypassed.

-f and x series (f90bt, x910, etc)

look at the rca harness, wires towards you, clip on top. top left should be your yellow mute wire, jimmy it out (lift the tab with a pin or jeweler screwdriver). move it to the bottom row, 4th from the left (the obvious open spot between 2 other wires.) ground that and the parkingbrake line and youre done.

-jensen flipouts

some just need the pink wire grounded. try it before you finish wiring everything. if that doesnt work...

switch method1 works, it wants to see 2 or 3 toggles depending on model. method 2 works as well but you have to go from p>n>p>n>p>d and its really annoying. or you can do it the easy way. put in a dvd and get the blue screen. grab your remote (they all come with remotes) and hit

: 1,2,6,4. on the little joystick, click down, down, in (enter, center of the stick), then SYS SETUP button twice. it may take a few tries b/c of the remote being crappy and not transmitting every keystroke. after its done and working, if you do it again, you get a menu that will let you re-enable the bypass or turn off macrovision, which apparently lets you play burned/pirated/incorrect region DVD's.

-dual bypass (And some jvc's)

ground PB wire first, usually yellow with grn stripe on duals.

insert an audio cd and press play on the remote, or put a dvd in and wait for audio to come on, your choice. on the remote press: stop, stop, 2, 6, 6, 0, 4, enter.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Very Nice Tutorial, for my Clarion In-Dash I had to use the Toggle Switch Method.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

if you can leave the switch off, turn the car/unit on, and switch to the on position and get video, the relay method would work too, saving you having to flip the switch each time.

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

If you get one you cant bypass. hook the reverse camera wire to the red wire, then get at male to male rca connector, hook the rear video out to the camera in, and set h/u to play camera. while playing a dvd. You will probally loose your touch screen function, but the remote will still controll the functions.

Ive made a small fortune bypassing the jensen wal mart flip outs.

and for the alpine, if you dont want to get the pac box, a momentary button and a toggle switch works. Hook the button to 12+ and to the brake lead, hook the switch to ground, and park. Push in the button and hold, flip the switch on,off,on, and release the button. or do the camera input trick

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

yea, the alpine can be bypassed that way, but that means, you have a button, a switch, and a combination to enter every time you get into the car, imo 20 bux to pac is worth it.

the camera input trick is pretty cool though, provided it has reverse camera functionality.

Team DC

• 2 weeks later...

Cool you beat me to it. Cool info not to many people know the code for jenso. Big up to you. You forgot to have them turn off the brake swich on the menu area.

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the boss, i think all you have to do is ground the pink wire (aka tie it in with the blacks)

and no, it wouldnt keep the unit from turning on, only displaying video. boss is DOA often. you get what you pay for and boss is the cheapest...time to return it and roll the dice again and hope for a working one.

Team DC

Archived