Possibly the World's New Fastest Car

Please show me this 4cyl engine that is making 1200hp... I'm sure that it's just as streetable as the unimpressive Veyron lol.

I'll start with this one. can be seen driven on the streets of florida on any given weekend

or how about this one.. another florida car, driven every single day

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

now before you go get smart, the Veyron's power numbers are at the flywheel, not the wheels which I'm sure you already knew.. and drivetrain loss for an EVO is around 25% so you do the math

not sure about you but I'd much rather save myself MILLIONS and drive one of those EVOs

edit: gee what do you know.. after a little bit of searching around the interweb, I realized that this EVO does 0-159 faster then the Veyron does 0-149. 9.08 seconds vs 9.8 seconds. that's a 4cyl 2 liter street car vs a 16cylinder 8 liter supercar. now obviously the bugatti will be more stable cruising at those speeds and higher, but you just said something that was as streetable and had as much power. idk exactly what the evo makes for power, but it's obviously quicker then the bugatti, especially since its standing quarter mile is 10.02 @ 142 mph compared to the 4 cylinders 9.08 @ 159

oh and please note the full interior with working power windows and even the indash tv

i would have the bugatti over all of them simply because its dosent just go fast, but every corner of it is luxury, not stripped down like others, and the veyron is an example of how far we've come, and seeing as how you pay 1million for one, and it costs nearly 7 million to build, its worth it, if u stripped a veyron down im sure it would go faster. much faster.

for the price tho, i would much rather have an ariel atom, and a built subie, and DEF a merc sl65 amg black series <33333333

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i would have the bugatti over all of them simply because its dosent just go fast, but every corner of it is luxury, not stripped down like others, and the veyron is an example of how far we've come, and seeing as how you pay 1million for one, and it costs nearly 7 million to build, its worth it, if u stripped a veyron down im sure it would go faster. much faster.

for the price tho, i would much rather have an ariel atom, and a built subie, and DEF a merc sl65 amg black series <33333333

every one of those cars I posted have factory front seats, back seat, 4 working power windows, stereos, etc

oh and I'd take a new cl65 over anything that exists

what you are saying is true about evos, you can save yourself a lot of money just buying an evo. However, building an evo with 900hp to the wheels will require a lot of maintenance and is impractical for street driving due to the size of the turbo imo. a Bugatti on the other hand has 4 turbos and a more practical powerban. not to mention that you hardly ever see Bugatti's driving down the street and you see evos all the time. The Bugatti was built for top speed. period. Thats what Volkswagen wanted to do. I'de like to see a 4 cylinder go 250+mph.

But I rather be a pro at being myself

Than be an idiot trying to be somebody else

every one of those cars I posted have factory front seats, back seat, 4 working power windows, stereos, etc

oh and I'd take a new cl65 over anything that exists

Key word factory. Factory meaning normal. Normal meaning POS to the quality of what is in the veyron.

Anything can be made to go fast, but not the same way a veyron does it. And saying you would take a new cl65 over anything else is pretty much the same theory. (but I assume everything ive just said is nothing new to anyone on here)

what you are saying is true about evos, you can save yourself a lot of money just buying an evo. However, building an evo with 900hp to the wheels will require a lot of maintenance and is impractical for street driving due to the size of the turbo imo. a Bugatti on the other hand has 4 turbos and a more practical powerban. not to mention that you hardly ever see Bugatti's driving down the street and you see evos all the time. The Bugatti was built for top speed. period. Thats what Volkswagen wanted to do. I'de like to see a 4 cylinder go 250+mph.

I would by no means say the veyron was built for top speed "period," it was built for a lot of things, but top speed came along for the ride.

And sure a 4 cyl can go 250+ mph, but just like you said, be ready for a crap ton of work after every run.

I honestly think the veyron would cost just as much to maintain/drive on a daily basis as a 900whp evo would. you can shift at 5k and stay out of boost with the evo, get somewhat normal mpg, and be perfectly streetable. now if the engine or trans breaks on the evo, you'd spend anywhere from $8k-20k on new parts. a new trans for the veyron costs over $100k

the top speed record for a 4cyl based off a production car is 222mph. obviously comparing a bonneville salt flat car to a veyron is apples to oranges but people have made 4cyl's go plenty fast

this could go back and forth forever, but I was just backing up my point in saying the speed and power figures weren't THAT impressive since there are plenty of other cars that are quicker and just as powerful for less then 1/10th of the price. I understand that's not the only thing the Bugatti is about and it's obviously worth the money to some people. but I personally don't care for all that luxury and exotic stuff.

Archived