kl0wn Posted December 18, 2009 Author Report Posted December 18, 2009 Nah, Herculiner is good shit. I guarantee it won't chip away. And just like with firberglass resin....don't be a hero, wear gloves! You don't want this stuff on your skin. Yeah when I was looking at it on their website almost every page said wear chemical resistance gloves, so while I was out getting a kit of this, I went ahead and bought a few packs of gloves haha, safety first! 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
Anthony Collova Posted December 19, 2009 Report Posted December 19, 2009 Yeah when I was looking at it on their website almost every page said wear chemical resistance gloves, so while I was out getting a kit of this, I went ahead and bought a few packs of gloves haha, safety first! Not meaning to thread dump, but we just came out with an elastomeric box coating specific for MDF. you can check out some pics here http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mo...ds-boxes-2.html I blended up a nice sized lab batch of product and got it in the hands of a few peopl for testing. The product is pretty much ready to go, but I need to make a couple slight changes to help with minor mud cracking. Here are his pics: ANT
BulletInjection Posted December 19, 2009 Report Posted December 19, 2009 damn ant that looks awesome with that skull. My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
kl0wn Posted December 19, 2009 Author Report Posted December 19, 2009 damn ant that looks awesome with that skull. x2, and don't worry about thread dumping, idc, you're getting the word out for a new product coming from y'all at least! That is if that many people look at this threat haha. That stuff looks real good, is it like a spray or what? Only reason I am asking is because all the spots around the box 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
Mostar Posted December 19, 2009 Report Posted December 19, 2009 x2, and don't worry about thread dumping, idc, you're getting the word out for a new product coming from y'all at least! That is if that many people look at this threat haha. That stuff looks real good, is it like a spray or what? Only reason I am asking is because all the spots around the box Good call on those gloves I got some on my hands and that shit was on there for weeks! Also, I highly recomend some sort of resperator that shit is potent! '05 GMC Envoy H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD Subs: ( SA-12's Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0
kl0wn Posted December 19, 2009 Author Report Posted December 19, 2009 Good call on those gloves I got some on my hands and that shit was on there for weeks! Also, I highly recomend some sort of resperator that shit is potent! I got a few extra mask left over from when I built my box, so I will be wearing a mask too. Will be doing the box later on today after I enjoy all this snow a little bit, and probably do my side steps too if I have enough left, tired of the plain look, plus when I bought the explorer they had a few little rust spots. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
Anthony Collova Posted December 19, 2009 Report Posted December 19, 2009 I got a few extra mask left over from when I built my box, so I will be wearing a mask too. Will be doing the box later on today after I enjoy all this snow a little bit, and probably do my side steps too if I have enough left, tired of the plain look, plus when I bought the explorer they had a few little rust spots. Thanks for the complements guys! The product can be sprayed or brushed on. In the pics you see, he sprayed them. Looks much better shen sprayed for sure. In every gallon of material there are about 1/4 gallon of 30 mesh bits of recycled rubber added for texture. Painting it on with a brush is on, not too many brush strokes, but I prefer the look when it is sprayed. It is only going to be available in black, which will be slightly darker than what you see in the pics.. ANT
R_Mac_1 Posted December 19, 2009 Report Posted December 19, 2009 You definitely don't want to get Herculiner on your Hootus... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showth...?threadid=18595 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active) Sundown SAX-50.4 Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz) Sundown SAX-1200D 2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8 Stock Bose system 12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box Profile AP1000M
kl0wn Posted December 20, 2009 Author Report Posted December 20, 2009 You definitely don't want to get Herculiner on your Hootus...http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showth...?threadid=18595 Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Well I did end up getting some on my hand and a little on my arm but didn't worry about it till I was completely done, which was a bad idea. It's not really there, my hands are just still pretty black, gotta wait for it to wear off, not like it's doing anything except making my hands look dirty 24/7 haha. But I do have to say, even though this stuff was a little messy, it still worked great and I loved it. I'll post up some pics for people. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
slickemhoundd Posted December 20, 2009 Report Posted December 20, 2009 I like the look "God's country is like Heaven, Cause you can drive like HELL!!" Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.