Ok before I make this decision what do you all think? I "need" advice

Ok this has been my goal for a decent amount of time and I marked 2010 as my start date for obtaining this goal.

(6) Fi BTL 18's triple stacked (Basically completed)

(10) Deka intimidators

(6) AQ 3500's

(4) DC Alts (300 amps)

(16) AA carbons

(2) Crunch 1000x4's (mids/highs amps)

(Insert HU here?)

Don't know which modulator

EDIT: Of course a boat load of sound deadener. lol

Hmmmmmmmmm I think I want a 16v system.

Anyway I have a suburban and I decided not to go with 8 18"s because I ended up wanting to stay with a flat box to keep down future problems. So I think 6 18" BTL's are more realistic for my goal (See I listened to the advice. lol) Please throw some feedback that will "Help" me in this I am not bragging or anything just asking for help. As many creative and smart minds here on SMD I think the feedback can be great.

Edited by tripleb45

Get a legit shop/builder to do the work and one that has actually done large setups like this before.

As long as you have an electrical setup like the one you have listed, I wouldn't be surprised if your standing voltage was around 15-15.5v so I wouldn't bother running a true 16v setup.

As far as the HU is concerned I'd look into a high quality Alpine or Pioneer flip out and grab a CD changer to prevent skipping when using CDs. If you're planning on doing competitions, some require using commercially available CDs. So the changer will stop the skipping that is bound to occur when running a setup of this size.

Don't go cheap if you want things done correctly the first time. 99.9% of the time it's worth it to buy better quality products and pay the extra $$ for a high quality shop to perform the install. The last time we went over all of this I gave u the name of the shop here in FL that I would recommend over nearly any other one out there.

Can't forget about the huge amount of deadener that you're gonna need to help keep your vehicle in one piece.. Even with it you're bound to run into things getting loose and leaking after they start taking some real abuse.

One more thing, get ready to spend a shit load of money in the near future if you want this all done correctly.

Edited by Marlo Stanfield

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Get a legit shop/builder to do the work and one that has actually done large setups like this before.

As long as you have an electrical setup like the one you have listed, I wouldn't be surprised if your standing voltage was around 15-15.5v so I wouldn't bother running a true 16v setup.

As far as the HU is concerned I'd look into a high quality Alpine or Pioneer flip out and grab a CD changer to prevent skipping when using CDs. If you're planning on doing competitions, some require using commercially available CDs. So the changer will stop the skipping that is bound to occur when running a setup of this size.

Don't go cheap if you want things done correctly the first time. 99.9% of the time it's worth it to buy better quality products and pay the extra $$ for a high quality shop to perform the install. The last time we went over all of this I gave u the name of the shop here in FL that I would recommend over nearly any other one out there.

Can't forget about the huge amount of deadener that you're gonna need to help keep your vehicle in one piece.. Even with it you're bound to run into things getting loose and leaking after they start taking some real abuse.

One more thing, get ready to spend a shit load of money in the near future if you want this all done correctly.

I feel you and what is the name of that shop again? I learned by just buying btl's used. They are cool but for the hassle I basically bought them for full price. If Fi sold the ones I wanted I would have bought them from them, but anyway I now am trying to take my time to do it right and PAY THE MONEY. I have a new job at Lowe's and that was a MAJOR pay raise. So 2010 is looking pretty promising. I just need to know which products I will be using. I appreciate your feedback you seem like a very knowledgeable person. Thanks

Here's the shop I was talking about - http://www.customedgeaudio.com/ .... They have done a bunch of very big setups in the past that have done some monster numbers too. Gmonk + Lil Jon's Vans have both done a 157+ bassrace with each of their setups. The people there are all pretty cool guys and their work is impeccable, it shows some of it in the pics on their site. Especially Gmonk's setup that he had w/ 24 15s in a 4th order off 6 SAZ-3000Ds. Not only did it do some great numbers + insane hairtricks, but it also was such a clean setup once they finished everything up.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

which ever way you do it... should be a pretty awesome build

Thanks man after myself I plan on making a lot of people happy

you listed some nice equip but i would suggest to upgrade that 4 channel crunch. I had a crunch 4 channel and its ok, but for some AA mids, i would want to make sure i can hear the music too instead of just bass. just my .02

Dang I thought these would be beasts

ixnay the crunches and find tweets

What are some good tweeters?