SMD SUBS ARE HERE! INSTALLED! PG7

The parameters can tell you everything about a subwoofer, especially if you get into manually calculating your enclosures. So many of us are waiting for the Thiele/Small numbers so that we can see how this radical new brute compares to normal subs. A lot changes with twice the motor force, increased coil mass, travel, etc., etc..

This is huge. Never before in Car Audio has an organic company like AA introduced a product with so much anticipation. I personally am so exited to see this. Nobody has really broken the mold in a while, so hopefully this sub will become an epic success.

When these hit the market and videos of some double-baffled, Power Ported monsters hit Youtube, the demand will be incredible.

BTW it would be awesome if production versions of these hit the Lanes this year.

Go put the BTL parameters in WinISD and model it...and build the enclosure it suggests...then come back and explain why it does not sound good :)

There will be guidelines set for enclosures for the woofers. I'm leaning towards smaller ported boxes for these as it seems to work very well in Steve's truck...it is also easier on suspension and soft parts when people start stacking power on these things.

Also, it is NOT an SPL sub...it goes against the grain of the design philosophy of making something nobody else has made and make it very very musical AA simply will NOT make an 'SPL' sub...so something hitting the lanes this year is far from the goal. They will be available through dealers to order on January 1st.

Edited by NDMstang65

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Hell yea them SMD WOOFERS look GREAT

I have a few qustions about them

how many watts rms? 3k rms

Any options like the btl?

When are they gonna be releast?

What will be the price range n size?

And how do they slam with in your tahoe? Lmao

Dealers can not keep woofers with "Options" so there will be no options at all on these. You choose 15 or 18 and D1 or D2 coil. Price range will be determined later in January when they are available to order from dealers.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

Can they be ordered direct? And if so, how soon?

Sure..if you want to pay retail...and to be honest with you that's not going to be cheap.

None are available to anybody until the 1st. We've got to make sure that the way we put Steve's together is fine, as he said earlier they are different from what the final ones will be because we want to watch the suspension and see how it works along with the leads..

Production will have spaced spiders on them :).

Will there be an FI counterpart soon?

Doubt it...

Kind of goes against the brand separation thing :)

I was in Sacremento earlier today, bummer I dont have your number I'd be on for a pre Vegas demo, lookin good though man!

thats ok bro, next time i am in the UK and i am a mile from your house, i will call and tell you how i was a mile from your house and i should have stopped by. LOL - c'mon now man, now im dissapointed!!!! Its ok i was down for the count while putting the new subs in anyway - as you see in the vid i had to pull my system apart and shove the box out just to get this big bastards in :D Anyway, as soon as these are available and your site is updated, let me know i will put in a plug for Bladeice.com - lots of people out there by you askin me where to get them at and i need something to tell them! :)

the engineer who designed them already said about 3k rms, and no set price

the options, or any kind of options would be a good question

i really think if there was smarter people in this world, you could give this thing a MUCH higher RMS rating then that. Fact is, everyone thinks you can put 5,000 watts on a stock alternator and a yellowtop in back to help your stock battery.....bad power =broken equipment. Also different boxes of course will make for diff RMS ratings in the real world. I know you know this so im just talking here, but this sub with 1000 watts in a big ass huge ass box would probably get BUSY. I wouldnt drop 6000+ watts on them if the box was huge. The smaller box helps a lot with that and what i did last night didnt even phase them at all (so far). Anyway, 3,000 RMS is very conservative and thats because not everyone is a responsible installer.

Go put the BTL parameters in WinISD and model it...and build the enclosure it suggests...then come back and explain why it does not sound good :)

There will be guidelines set for enclosures for the woofers. I'm leaning towards smaller ported boxes for these as it seems to work very well in Steve's truck...it is also easier on suspension and soft parts when people start stacking power on these things.

Also, it is NOT an SPL sub...it goes against the grain of the design philosophy of making something nobody else has made and make it very very musical AA simply will NOT make an 'SPL' sub...so something hitting the lanes this year is far from the goal. They will be available through dealers to order on January 1st.

i did that with a DD once - modeled it and couldnt believe how shitty the graph was.....but the box i built was great! so ya i hear that!

anyway, even though this sub would probably be great at burping, the music part is what i/we/AA etc is interested in and so far it is living up to my expectations. Brand new, stiff as a board, direct swap into the same box, not broken in at all - the SMD's sound better already. Im not just BS'ing because my sig is on the cap, if i didnt believe it i wouldnt say it. Its louder of course going from 1.4ohms to .7 on 8 amps........but musically, it sounds better on the songs i have messed with. Now its time to go thru my collection AGAIN and see what they sound like now!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Those are awesome! You realize how big they are when they dwarf a 18"Btl, which is huge! Can't wait to hear it. I don't think the Palms security is going to like you though :D

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!