Tripleb45's build log 4 18" BTL's in the Burban

How come you decidid to go with the triple stack ones if you already had one of the other?...Just curious

G with the build, can't wit to see how it turns out.

I was going to use the newer version for my wife's car and decided other wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok New goal. I decided to stick with 4 18" BTL's and do 2 stetsom 10kd's ( that sounds better than one 14kd to me) for now and upgrade later. The good news is that the build starts sooner

Now on to my boredom today, but first I will tell the story of my wait , why it took so long for the pics, and how it paid off. I got these subs maybe 3-4 months ago. I sent them straight to Fi to be reconed to have practically brand new subs. But because the holidays were rolling in, business picked up for Fi. So for all the people that know about a business, that meant orders were crazy and orders were a little slow. Well I finally got my subs back after about a month or 2 of waiting yesterday and now I am excited. They did me a huge favor with these subs and I won't say what it is because they asked me to, but it is a HUGE favor that is worth being excited over.

Anyway now that the prelude is over with. I was at the shop before I went in for work and this is what happened. lol at my boredom and some installer ideas.

Oh yeah twistedchild420 I am stronger than you. I am holding up a 18" BTL and you were holding up a cone. lol This is a joke for those who don't get it.

DSC04382.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

DSC04391.jpg

DSC04392.jpg

DSC04394.jpg

DSC04397.jpg

DSC04398.jpg

DSC04399.jpg

DSC04400.jpg

DSC04345.jpg

can i has your burban, i can make it loud :D

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I know that you're saying that the build is starting soon and what not, but have you even contacted whomever is actually doing the build?? For something of this size you really should have talked to installers, made appointments, etc to make sure everything is done correctly/in proper time. Btw did you get the Stetsom amp in yet?? I'd love to see what kind of clamped power #s it'll do for you. Wish you were closer cuz I want to see how it would directly compare to my new big boy amp I picked up earlier today. I traded 2 AB 400.1s + $750 cash for it and I thought I got a pretty good deal lol.

Btw man you should come down to South Florida and I'll do the install for you.. Pay me in cash and I'll post you up at my house in one of the guest rooms. I guarantee the results will not disappoint you what so ever and I wouldn't mind taking a week or 2 off from work lol.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

You need to get this shit done so I can meet up and get a demo! Maybe get you up to the springfield missouri area for a comp (midwestspl)

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

I know that you're saying that the build is starting soon and what not, but have you even contacted whomever is actually doing the build?? For something of this size you really should have talked to installers, made appointments, etc to make sure everything is done correctly/in proper time. Btw did you get the Stetsom amp in yet?? I'd love to see what kind of clamped power #s it'll do for you. Wish you were closer cuz I want to see how it would directly compare to my new big boy amp I picked up earlier today. I traded 2 AB 400.1s + $750 cash for it and I thought I got a pretty good deal lol.

Btw man you should come down to South Florida and I'll do the install for you.. Pay me in cash and I'll post you up at my house in one of the guest rooms. I guarantee the results will not disappoint you what so ever and I wouldn't mind taking a week or 2 off from work lol.

Sounds good as hell. Honestly I want to try the box build myself, not the hooking up of wires and stuff I will let the professionals handle it. I work at lowes in lumber and I get "decent priced" MDF and I can cut the wood for "FREE" lol. And I get good discounts on the other equipment, but if you want to do the rest I will see what I can do. But mainly I was talking about the box build. I have talked to Steve at stetsom and let him know that when I get the money back from income tax. It is on and poppin. Thanks for the advice and the helping hand. I will let you know.

You need to get this shit done so I can meet up and get a demo! Maybe get you up to the springfield missouri area for a comp (midwestspl)

That sounds like a plan 2 me

I am thinking about triple sheets of MDF on the face of the box and double MDF all around. Allthread from top to bottom left to right or maybe 2x4. Resin as far as I can get it. Seeing how it is going to be a temporary box I will rhinocoat the hell out of it. Oh yeah I may also do metal right angle bars. Basically my goal is to make this box almost indestructible. I won't be using those average screws for this build. I will use some of these beastly screws we have at lowes. I forgot the name of them. My port of course will be removable because I have noticed the convenience of this type of port. So far I will just draw up ideas and take it to K&N and see if it makes sense. The ONLY part I will really need help on is the tuning part. FML, but I will figure it out. Of course I will have a little help to make sure everything is done right, but for the most part I think I can handle the box. Not a complete list of everything, but a general idea.

Archived