Sonic Electronix

a line driver increases the pre out voltage from the source to the amp. Its installed between the two ;)

depending on what head unit you have already you could be good to go already...a lot of these newer amps really dont need a shit ton of pre out to get to full potential.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Here you go:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ghlite=%2BTLD22

I was very impressed adding the Phoenix Gold TLD22 to my last system and you should find alot of half decent info in this search.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Ill never run a line driver again. I had an AC 2XS. All it did was clip the piss out of my signal and make a god awful pop through my speakers when it turned on.

It never even boosted voltage that Im aware of.

Edited by TheSundownFire

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Ill never run a line driver again. I had an AC 2XS. All it did was clip the piss out of my signal and make a god awful pop through my speakers when it turned on.

It never even boosted voltage that Im aware of.

did u try and read it with a DMM bruh ?

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

I never bothered. It had a readout for voltage boost on it. I just got tired of my highs sounding like crap and ripped it out.

The manual said it would boost up to 5v or something like that and my headunit does close to that.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

All I can tell you is if a line driver is used properly my experience shocked and surprised the heck out of me.

I love it when I don't expect much and the final results shock me to the point that I say WoW I guess its a good thing I made that change.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

personally, my line driver (rockford rf-bld) made the biggest difference (a bigger difference than amps, components, or this damn top of the line pioneer deck)

it can do balanced or unbalanced outputs, aka, it can eliminate ground noise

depending on the setting it can do 11-22volts, aka, it lowers your noise floor to china

i installed it and retuned everything, and my horrible alt whine was gone, my hiss was gone, and everything sounded clearer and crisper than ever before. if you know what the defeciency in your system is, theres a way to fix it. if you just heard about a line driver and want your system to sound "better" it may not be for you. all it can do is increase dynamic range, lower noise floor, or eliminate interference if it has an unbalanced mode.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC