Wall Build, Experience Needed

acidikbass20

For pure SPL numbers, I would switch to 2) 15s and stack them on the passenger side with port on driver's.

Build box as cubical as possible.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

for spl port on d-side and just stager the subs ans for internals resin the whole inside and sand smooth. use all thread for lots of bracing. main idea is no standing waves so 45 all the corners and try to not have 90 degree edges. baltic birch double layer. and add i more for the front. nice smooth exit for the ports to reduce turbulance.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

for spl port on d-side and just stager the subs ans for internals resin the whole inside and sand smooth. use all thread for lots of bracing. main idea is no standing waves so 45 all the corners and try to not have 90 degree edges. baltic birch double layer. and add i more for the front. nice smooth exit for the ports to reduce turbulance.

thats what im doing! all great ideas, thanks, but I think im going to MDF, not birch.

Stuff is goin down, upcoming build

For pure SPL numbers, I would switch to 2) 15s and stack them on the passenger side with port on driver's.

Build box as cubical as possible.

Knows his stuff^^^^^

Also knows his stuff^^^

I remember your system from the show in Ft Wayne this year.... Also thanks for the 1/0 wire

Good luck on your new build......

Rebuild coming soon

Knows his stuff^^^^^

Also knows his stuff^^^

I remember your system from the show in Ft Wayne this year.... Also thanks for the 1/0 wire

Good luck on your new build......

Your welcome, now I know who you are. Yeah they know their stuff, MDF is cheaper and more dense, so im using that. other then that, im listening to all the ideas i can get. I am also trying to get all I can out of this gear before I change it up. Might work with 2 15s later, when I get more power.

Question: what about my 6x9s in the rear lid. I have seen walls with 6.5s and 6.9s in them before. would i have to build them their own little enclosure in the wall so they dont get blown up?

Stuff is goin down, upcoming build

Archived