My trunk is letting a little water in

when i first bought my car a few months ago, i had to drain a lot of water stored in the wheel well from water entering the trunk, yet i thought it wouldnt happen again after double layering the trunk with damplifier lite. Well today, i opened my trunk to see if one of my rear stock speakers were blown cuz i heard a loud popping sound from one of them. Then, I noticed one of my subs having splashed water on them and all the kitchen mat being slightly dampened, so water somehow got in. It will be a bitch to take everything out again and to figure out the actual source of where the water is coming from, any ideas to where i should check for leakage? By the way, the car is a 4 door 1998 Nissan Maxima SE.

EDIT: Im thinking maybe cuz i have a spoiler, its letting water in from the screw holes, but the spoiler is OEM

Edited by OrenB217

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

If you have a sun roof id look at that. There is a drain line that runs to the back of your car. Other wise pull your shit out and jump in the trunk with a flash light while someone sprays water on your car. It may be the seal for the trunk which the latches may just need minor adjustment

American Bass*DC Power

the window seal????

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Besides the spoiler, check around the tail light gaskets also. That's where most of the trunk leaks I have seen have been from.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Besides the spoiler, check around the tail light gaskets also. That's where most of the trunk leaks I have seen have been from.

so would some damplifier lite be the solution or is there something else i need to get?

EDIT: The water is ONLY coming from the very very back of the trunk, so it has to be somewhere around there, i dont think its coming from underneath the car cuz its sealed up pretty good from the damplifier

Edited by OrenB217

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

so would some damplifier lite be the solution or is there something else i need to get?

In general I would say I don't know much about deamplifier Lite, but I know a lil water intrusion, water is like electricity, and finds the easiest path to where to it is going, and will get there(it will run until it gets to a seem it can get thru, you need to fix the leak, some silicon caulking would do a nice job...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

In general I would say I don't know much about deamplifier Lite, but I know a lil water intrusion, water is like electricity, and finds the easiest path to where to it is going, and will get there(it will run until it gets to a seem it can get thru, you need to fix the leak, some silicon caulking would do a nice job...

awesome, i think i bought some a while back for my box but didnt use a lot, so i might do that, ill do as Blue_C1500 said and check the light gaskets and maybe the trunk latch hole too cuz what the water did was make the kitchen mat damp so the bass moved the box towards the back seats, so all of the water is sliding to the wheel well, hopefully theres barely any in there so it dries up fast

Edited by OrenB217

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Hey man try this out.

When its sunny out have someone take a hose and spray some water on the trunk. Look from the inside of the car and try to figure out where its making its way in. Silicone is your friend! Good luck with the fix, I have had the same problem also.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

EDIT: The water is ONLY coming from the very very back of the trunk, so it has to be somewhere around there, i dont think its coming from underneath the car cuz its sealed up pretty good from the damplifier

No, I don't think damplifier would help. I think you would need to replace the gaskets that are causing the leak. I suppose you could clean the old gaskets off and use silicone if you have some. It might even work better than replacing the gaskets.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg