Second Skin Audio

coil burning??

LoudBimmer

mine did the same thing, i have a lvl 3 15 so i think its just extra glue mine grew out of smelling like that on a sundown 1000d

reading > you

he hooked up only one coil, read please... this seems to be a reoccuring issue with new people... not reading the entire thread before commenting

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

reading > you

he hooked up only one coil, read please... this seems to be a reoccuring issue with new people... not reading the entire thread before commenting

hey hey hey buddy.. watch it

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

1200wrms is gonna be too much for lvl3

not if you know what your doing... but clearly you dont i have 2 audiopipe 3000s on 4 level 3 10s so 1500rms EACH have not smelt burning coil yet

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

if you didnt set your bass boost and gain right the power to your subs can become clipped if you turn it up too high I think it basicaly means the signal isnt very clean. Someone can explain it alot better than me but clipping too much can cause the coils to heat up. theres a fine line, little bit of clipping wont hurt but too much can kill the subs.

I know thread is about wrapped up but i wanted to contribute a bit for Jarad :)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

If anybody is wondering what clipping looks like this is a clipped wave while playing a 40hz sine wave. Clipping on music looks different but its the same concept- the waves are "clipped off"

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Archived