Sonic Electronix

How does your car ride with a wall or other huge box?

Hello again,

I've always wondered, when you have a large system in your car/van/suv (like a wall or something close to that nature) how does the vehicle handle? I would assume you need to make the obvious changes to the rear like springs/shocks ect, but what else from a safety standpoint do you change, if anything?

How is your braking? Do you need better/different brakes? Are you afraid to take a sharp turn at a reasonable speed? I have contemplated a wall in a dodge van, but I've always been concerned with some of those things.

I'd love to hear from those who have walls (or whatever) and can shed some light on this...

thanks!

i have a f150 and my truck loves the weight, it rides so much smoother, i got at least 700 pounds in the back and i lose not even a full mpg, and the ride is much smoother, havnt had to break hard, havnt changed my driving style one bit with or without it in

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

you wont tip over unless your making some crazy fast turns. it would be like driving with your van full of people. itll be a little slower, maybe you press the brakes a little harder but nothing to worry about.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have a 02 Monte Carlo with a 18" Solo X, and I had 20"s on it and it rode like crap. You could feel every single bump. I switched to 18"s and it rides better. Still cuts back on the mph and acceleration, also lowers the rear end about 2 inches.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

so a poor mini van would NOT roll over or ride like a Sherman tank? I'm assuming those with walls bolt them to the floor? yes/no?

you gotta think a mini van is made for alot of weight so no. yeah there always secured to the floor/roof

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

I prolli have around 800lbs or so in the back of my Expo and it handles the weight just fine... Like mentioned before by others of course it's gonna decrease acceleration, make braking a little longer, and decrease MPG. It really does depend on the vehicle though and where the actual weight is distributed.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

you gotta think a mini van is made for alot of weight so no. yeah there always secured to the floor/roof

this is VERY true, I was just imagining in my mind that with a wall it would make things in an suv/van/ect more top heavy... which would subject it to more dangerous forces. However if the people with walls responded here and they say they've had no issues with these types of setups in a daily driver, then I feel better... Braking and rear weight issues are easily solvable. I just don't want to take a turn off the freeway and end up in the lake !

(hell I CAN'T SWIM :o)