Second Skin Audio

Gotta Get The Best Out Of 2 8's

This, since he doesn't listen to alt of rap and probably isn't looking for the LOW lows.

just an FYI a sealed box will potentially drop to the low lows more then a ported box...people just assume the ported box drops to lower lows because it peaks at a certain point

just an FYI a sealed box will potentially drop to the low lows more then a ported box...people just assume the ported box drops to lower lows because it peaks at a certain point

Ok but wouldn't I get more output if I ported it? Also you think one "sub" would be better then double the cone area?

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

yea, as Accordman is saying. A sealed box will have a wider frequency bandwidth then a normal ported box (IE a flatter response box that is damn near just as loud at 30hz or 50hz).

a port is simply just like a turbo in a way, making your driver(s) more efficient using the power, but you end up losing some of your frequency response.

Id try to do a box under each seat, but being that they are 8's from a home stereo system, I wouldnt really expect much of anything more then bass that a decent set of 6.5inch components would offer you. Tho if you will get a real 150wrms out of this amp at 4 ohms and the speakers being home audio use, they maybe semi efficient due to most home receivers are rated around 100watts by 4.

Is the truck a extended cap since you said he has a lot of people sit in the back and does it have a bench seat? or just some ghetto seats that fold up/down?

Id almost try to build a box under the rear bench seat if thats the case, going to have way more room then the front seats.

I think you could make 2 little T-lines and that may give you the most bang for your buck, and have 1 under each seat if space permits.

Lots of things you could do really, but no one is willing to give out free designs :)

Sorry guy's internet kept goin out so I couldn't reply.

Ok first it is a bench seat but it has a built in jack and housing thing so I only have 20 inches of width max. I have no other room for anything. He has no bass right now at all out of his speakers, He bought some Sony's from walmart and their running off of his Sony HU yea I know but he's not like us. lol.

So the thing is he just wants some decent bass and I think he knows he's not going to get shit out of these two eights but I thought it would be better then nothing so I told him if he payed me to build him a box I would give him the "subs" and it would help with not having any bass what so ever.

So straight up guy's, What do you think I only have those dimensions no more! So 2 in a ported if so what freq. or two sealed. He really wants the two subs and if I only put one in the impedance is going to drop and only be 8ohms so I would think it would be better to have both.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

build two boxes.. see which one sounds better...

Like one sealed, one ported? lol. I could. I just would think for obvious reasons you could get better output from a ported box.

Does it have a center console? Perhaps you can squeeze one under the console.

Nope no room under the console. thanks though.

Edited by brsteinbach

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord