Physics Project Bass Style!!!!

Ya i guess but if you look at the pics that second peak is still part of the sealed enclosure section since it is a fourth order bandpass. The way i designed it the back peaked section should act as a resonator and as part of the sealed chamber. Its gonna be interesting.

I am afraid I cannot see what you mean, but that is just because I am having trouble interpreting the images.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

I am afraid I cannot see what you mean, but that is just because I am having trouble interpreting the images.

Cheers,

Mick

In the last picture listed that whole profile is sealed. The other part that show in the top couple of pictures is the ported side. Hope that clarifies.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

In the last picture listed that whole profile is sealed. The other part that show in the top couple of pictures is the ported side. Hope that clarifies.

So is it a double chamber tri tuned 4th order?

If I understand correctly, you have a small sealed chamber behind the woofers, but its only sealed from the outside. it is ported to another sealed chamber.

If thats correct in my assumption, the ports between the chambers act like a one way valve and open up at a certain frequency range.

So in a certain range, the enclosure will act like it has a small sealed chamber and be tuned accordingly, then at certain frequencies when the ports "open up", the sealed chambers will couple and the entire enclosure will have a different tuning due to the seemingly larger sealed chamber.

I'm just guessing thats what your doing based on what we see so far.

I wanna see more to see where you are headed.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

So is it a double chamber tri tuned 4th order?

If I understand correctly, you have a small sealed chamber behind the woofers, but its only sealed from the outside. it is ported to another sealed chamber.

If thats correct in my assumption, the ports between the chambers act like a one way valve and open up at a certain frequency range.

So in a certain range, the enclosure will act like it has a small sealed chamber and be tuned accordingly, then at certain frequencies when the ports "open up", the sealed chambers will couple and the entire enclosure will have a different tuning due to the seemingly larger sealed chamber.

I'm just guessing thats what your doing based on what we see so far.

I wanna see more to see where you are headed.

Yes and no. when you look at the last picture the rectangle portion the subs are going to be facing up right there then between the square section and the triangular section there is a one inch gap as wide as the chamber. That gap is the "top of the pop bottle" so to say the volume of the chamber is always there but the pressure will be have to get high enough for there to be a pressure in that gap because at low volume and little displacement there wont be that much air moving back and forth, so yes as designed the louder the volume (or technically more pressure) the greater the effect. That profile in the last picture is the "back side" of the woofer the cone side is a ported enclosure which makes it a bandpass enclosure if you look in the first picture you can kind of see what i mean. I think.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Wow sorry it took so long to post pics family kinda up and left on a surprise trip. Anyway here are the pics. I know the material on the outside looks like crap but its all i had to work with. So nail me to the cross. Should be done late tomorrow hope to be bumping again soon :).

Photo01012354_2.jpg

Photo01012354_1.jpg

Photo01012354.jpg

When i finish this install i will be changin the back battery and putting a kill switch in the cabin in case thee popo be comin. Does this look right? I have the subs and stuff all wired i just added it for looks.

Schematicwithswitch.jpg

interesting......how about some vids of the box playing

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

interesting......how about some vids of the box playing

i will once i get it istalled i have a little bit of carpeting to finish tonight or tomorrow and get it in my car and hooked up. i should have vids tonight or tomorrow. i dont have the led's yet and wont until i get my tax return then it will be lit on the inside and much more BA looking i am also going to put some leds in the car itself and im going to install the switches when i do that stuff. vids soon tho tonight or tomorrow

Archived