ya or maybe a purple

jus getting final oppinoins before i order

My .02 would be to get a retro-fit kit for your low beams with your 6000k HID, 6000k HID's for high beams so they will be bright. Hence the name 'high beams'

Possibly the same 6000k HID for the fog's so it all matches and looks good regardless of lows, highs, fogs on.

Without retro-fit kit.

5.jpg

With retro-fit kit.

goodcutoff.jpg

Even better ECE retro-fit.

ece.jpg

Red-navi - Don't forget the blacklight halogens lol

Derp.

does flicking hids make the bulb burn out faster

i dont think so.... but hey it wouldnt be real life if we didnt have problems right?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I have HIDs, 6000k.

I have them in the stock housing...but only because I can't find projectors for my car. Is there glare? Probably, however..I've never been pulled over for the HIDs (had them in for 3 months now - and I've been behind cops) and have NEVER been flashed to turn off my high beams so there must not be that much glare. I have also had somebody else drive the car and pass me (while I was driving another car going the other way) and they don't look too bad, just like a montego or older prius with factory hids. I actually think that factory projectors look just as "bad" because you get the random sort of colors and brightness until they are like two car lengths away (or at least I always do..)

I have HIDs, 6000k.

I have them in the stock housing...but only because I can't find projectors for my car. Is there glare? Probably, however..I've never been pulled over for the HIDs (had them in for 3 months now - and I've been behind cops) and have NEVER been flashed to turn off my high beams so there must not be that much glare. I have also had somebody else drive the car and pass me (while I was driving another car going the other way) and they don't look too bad, just like a montego or older prius with factory hids. I actually think that factory projectors look just as "bad" because you get the random sort of colors and brightness until they are like two car lengths away (or at least I always do..)

Well, this coloration is the result of the light projectors; the lenses: it's transparency, it's curvature, the tiny grooves etched into it; the projector assembly, the shield, and the reflector bowl. All these components work together to produce a signature of light unique to that particular optic's design. On the Audi and BMW projectors, the lens curvature at the edge bends the white light producing a "prism effect". White light is broken down to it's fundemental colors. Since blue lights is high energy, it is absorbed last and thus travels farther. So with this prism effect, you'll notice that BMW HIDs are only purple and blue from the sides, the top, and the bottom edges, but are always daylight white on the road and in the beam pattern. This phenomenon can be demonstrated when you watch an oncoming BMW hit a pot hole or speed bump in the road and the car's nose pitches up and down. The headlights will flicker and "throw colors off", but returns to a solid white beam pattern directly on the road.

Derp.

Dunno where you got that, but it explains it so, thanks :) It won't seem to let me quote it lol

Yeah flicking them on wouldn't have them burn out faster, ive had my pink hi beams for about a year, i really only flash them. The one thing i regret is buying 35w, 55w is a difference. Ive never had a bulb burn out yet, knock on wood

I haven't had a bulb burn out, but I did have one melt.. so now when I turn on high beams, only one side works (the other is low beam all the time) Also, one (the one that melted) isn't the same color of the other one.. the melted one isn't all that blue anymore :(

Thanks crap quality ebay! Next time futurevision has my business most likely..

EDIT: Does anybody know where I can buy projector headlights? Besides crapebay? I can't find them for my car.. even on crapebay

Edited by somerandomguy