Sonic Electronix

i would look into wut ben said

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I still say one voice coils is wired backwards.

disconnect one coil, and see if it gets louder.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

i would look into wut ben said

All I have in EQ is: Treble, Bass & Fader

Treble @ +4

Bass @ 0

Fader @ 0

Yeah I went over the manual and nope no other settings, my deck is 2.2v I believe.

I think that's all, I suppose I might have hidden options on the deck but I honestly don't think so.

Edited by Cigarz

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

4 x Infinity Reference 250RMS

1 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coils D1

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Vented .50MDF tuned @ 40hz

It's prolli a combo of low power, poor enclosure(not just that it's a prefab, it's very small for a 15 making it even less efficient off that little power.. If you had at least a larger pre-fab enclosure you would see a difference, let alone a properly built one), and settings likely aren't correct among other things.

What are the box specs for that pre-fab??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I still say one voice coils is wired backwards.

disconnect one coil, and see if it gets louder.

What do you mean? I have one wire going from positive on one coil to negative on the other than i have positive and negative of each coil going into my box terminal, same to my amp.... I already checked my feeds, and they're connected so I dont know...

I guess tommorow I can take the woofer out and double check, couldn't hurt I suppose... It's just going to be a pain in the ass, im almost 100% sure I did it right, think one of my coils could be blown or something maybe Fi messed up? honestly I don't think that's problem though, I honestly think a lot of it is my amplifier 400RMS isn't exactly a lot on 28.28v I think a lot of people running 400RMS are boosting their gains and dB up without people known.... it could also be because my subs not broken in.

Heres my box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGLE-15-SUBWOOFER-VE...#ht_3022wt_1165

Dimensions: 21" W x 16-1/4" H x 18 D

1/2 inch MDF or 3/4 didnt make much of a difference on the calc

and I think its about 2 - 2 1/2 inches of port

Port length probably 14inches (vertical not horizontal theres no edging in the box.)

No matter which way I put the dimensions the box is tuned out under 40hz.

Edited by Cigarz

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

According to REaudio box calculator im running between 29-33hz on this box so how could it be the box? even if the port was 3 inches shorter than my guess or so it's be 33hz if it was longer than my guess its 29hz... Wait I just realized the way they measure port length is after the port goes in it then turns right for a few inches... my port doesnt do this its just a straight narrow port STILL though with 0 extra port length on the calculator im hitting 36hz thats still pretty friggin low... eigther way my box is tuned below 40hz wayyy below 40hz like mid 30's.

Edited by Cigarz

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Check your ground maybe your amp is not getting good ground, also try to by pass your EQ and go direct to your head unit. This is only to make sure your eq is working good. Make sure your rca's are in the right input. Sorry but some time's it's something very easy. Also make sure your sub wire's are making good not to small of a wire.

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check your ground maybe your amp is not getting good ground, also try to by pass your EQ and go direct to your head unit. This is only to make sure your eq is working good. Make sure your rca's are in the right input. Sorry but some time's it's something very easy. Also make sure your sub wire's are making good not to small of a wire.

Ground should be fine, seems stable and is in there real tight... Bypass my EQ? I don't know what you're saying, the EQ should be fine its a new deck. I checked my RCA's if my RCA's are reversed how will I know, will it make a big difference? I kind of just randomly put them into the amp lol. Sub wires are good just put new ones on it today, they are pretty small but shouldn't be too small for the amount of power im running to the sub.

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

it doesnt say how long the port is...but either way...that is NOT 3.4 cubes of airspace like the auction says it is. use those dimensions, multiply them, and divide by 1728 and you get close to it, but that is counting wood displacement (unless those dimensions *are* the inner dimensions). which is a no no, that's not usable airspace. it's 2.75 cubic feet of net volume after wood displacement, but before port displacement. i dont know how wide or long the port is, so i put 2" as a minimum, and to get to your mid 30 tuning that you say you're at, the port has to be 30" long. which gives you 1.81 cubic feet of net volume. after displacement. just fyi...that's incredibly small for a 15". it should be double that at LEAST. the box i had for my 4 15's was ~16 cubes net, so about 4 per sub.

imo...i know you dont want to believe it but the box IS the single biggest problem in that install right now. when i say an enclosure is 80% of an install...i'm not exaggerating.

it doesnt say how long the port is...but either way...that is NOT 3.4 cubes of airspace like the auction says it is. use those dimensions, multiply them, and divide by 1728 and you get close to it, but that is counting wood displacement (unless those dimensions *are* the inner dimensions). which is a no no, that's not usable airspace. it's 2.75 cubic feet of net volume after wood displacement, but before port displacement. i dont know how wide or long the port is, so i put 2" as a minimum, and to get to your mid 30 tuning that you say you're at, the port has to be 30" long. which gives you 1.81 cubic feet of net volume. after displacement. just fyi...that's incredibly small for a 15". it should be double that at LEAST. the box i had for my 4 15's was ~16 cubes net, so about 4 per sub.

imo...i know you dont want to believe it but the box IS the single biggest problem in that install right now. when i say an enclosure is 80% of an install...i'm not exaggerating.

The box seems rather large IMO it's almost as big as the box that was running my two 15's before... I have a hard time believing its not on par with 3cubes, but I mean im no box expert. So what you're saying is my sub isn't moving because of my box? and im losing 80% of my bass because of it... wow.

According to your box calculator and what I've seen inside of the box I should still be under 40hz... but I see what you mean i've seen 3.5cubic boxes and they are bigger than mine... I should re-measure the box to get actualy dimensions...

Edited by Cigarz

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450