Whats your biggest peeve that people do when it comes to car audio?

down here,

the sad fact is that, they deem " SPL" or " loud bass" as a "lower class" of audio and that, its just " putting more woofers into the car to get loud" when there is so much more to getting a car to get LOUD and still sound good being loud

3/4 of the shops are like that down here, until i "educate" them..

muahahaha..

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

i hate it

when people think they know everything about car audio when they know absolutely nothing.

when people that think proper eq'ing is cranking the treble and midrange all the way up.

when people "know a guy that had 2 12's in his truck and blew out the back window"

when people think trunk rattle means loud.

when people think that pioneer is the best brand of anything.

when people think that their "3000 watt" junk brand amp has more power than everything else on the planet.

when people use an 8 ga. power wire with NO FUSE and their ground is some tiny, loose sheet rock screw ran into the floor, and the head of the screw is smaller than the hole in the squeezed on (you read right, not crimped or soldered on) ring terminal

to name a few.

oh and people that know everything and sit there and tell you about it as youre doing it the right way, then ask you why you did that or what you did here.

edit: dont forget people that think JL>all and jackhammers are the loudest shit ever.

hear this shit all the time just cracks me up and for a just an instant I question myself wondering if they have some dd z's or funky pups. but they never do

steven.jpg

when customers come in looking for "hot wire"....

when customers want "jacks".... (rcas)

when people i didnt talk to or hang out with in highschool try to get me to get them a discount.....

people that buy a regular cab truck and try to fit one sub behind the seat and beat the doors down.......

repairing work done by someone else.....

people trying to run 3 subs off a single amplifier......

people that come in and "havent done it in a while, but can install everything"......

and most of all, i cant drink beer untill the shops closed!!!!

It's not that hard to do in a truck....

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Might be a bit of a rant, but here goes...

It gets on my nerves that I don't know enough about calculating porting/venting boxes... I read everything I find posted, but still just don't get the math or formulas... I kow what the vent is for, its just figuring out the size...

It gets on my nerves that everytime I do/plan a project I always overlook or miss something....

It gets on my nerves that I can not cut a straight line to save my life... No matter what I cut it with (jig, router, circular saw, etc.) sh!t does not line up well enough or I mis-measured by a few nut hairs.....

It gets on my nerves that everytime you go into a CarAudio/Homeaudio shop (ok most everytime) the sales folks want to either talk down to you or bash whatever you have/like, whatever they sell is got to be the best thing on the planet... Never ran into a sales guy that was like, yea, I like those, but we just do not carry them...

TOPPERS.... Whatever you someones ""Boy" has 10 times the watts or sq inches of port or cone area....

You could say I have ________, really, my boy has________, really well I'm building a Dumptruck with the bed full of 21"s, Topper would say, "You know that indented concave spot on the Deathstar that looks like a focal point for a laster that could destry Alderon, thats really the cone of the new eleventy six inch sub my boy is testing right now....

The 26" Voice coil is would with 6 layers of 0 ga unobtainium, 6 foot Xmax..

People who critiqe your sh!t, when you did not ask them too and they have nothing anywhere near it...

One of the car shows I was at I hadthese little Slim shady wannabes come up and say Ey man, Bump that sh!t, Bump that Sh!t.... I couldn't as it was under construction and alot of it was not even hooked up yet, was just in for looks (It was a car show, not an SPL contest and I was even entered in the under construction bracket)...

They then started to trying to heckel me saying, man, if that was my ride that sh!t would be hooked up and bumpin like crazy... I wouldn't be rollin all.... Blah Blah Blah, would not shut up... The they started saying crap like Yo, I got me 5 15" Pyle something or anothers and some flea market sounding amp I never heard of and it would out bump them Blah Blah Blah,

I was like really, lets hear you bump those skate boards you like fools just rolled up on... They seriously were on some homemade looking skate boards... I saind I don't hear much outta those, where do you put the MIC, behind the wheel, the trucks, griptape, your lunch box??? Whatsup lil man... Some of the carshow onlookers were laughin at them at this point and they got all mad and eventually walked off, still talkin....

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

when people alwaysask how much for 2 btl 18's

when people always build with 2 btl 18s and a RF amp

when people bash other build because they dont like the equipment

when people think they are the shit with there walmart or best buy system

when i can hear your trunk rattling inside the car

when you rattles are louder than your system.

----reference's----

meade916

X brand and Y brand comparison.

using the words "bumpin" or "bangin" to describe systems pisses me off so much, which alot of the hispanics and white gangsters use around here (not saying that everyone does)

yeah i hate it when people claim theyve blew out there windows in there tahoe, such bulls***, i hate it when i see this system that claims this, is like 4 12" best buy fusions or something. Cracks me up tho

I broke the shit out my windsheid in my suburban????? Not with best buy subs think that's bull shit just curious

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived