File Servers

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest Nismofreak

I used it on xp network make(THink it is called that), I can share files on my network, printer, but I need those comps to be turned on....Let me remember how to do it. :huh:

Just throw server 2003 on your box and enable IIS and FTP. Once you setup your permissions, NAT the adddress to the outside and whoola..done.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest MegaloManiac
I used it on xp network make(THink it is called that), I can share files on my network, printer, but I need those comps to be turned on....Let me remember how to do it. :huh:

I know how to setup a network. I want to set up a server that can be accessed via Internet. Seems like a lot of people have told me to install Linux and go from there.

Im sure i can get Server 2003, ill see what I can do.

Just throw server 2003 on your box and enable IIS and FTP. Once you setup your permissions, NAT the adddress to the outside and whoola..done.

Listen to this guy, he knows wayyyyyyy more than I could ever dream of knowing.

Thanks David....I only know this stuff, cause I have to do it on a daily basis.

Megalo..would It help if I threw together a doc with some screenshots?

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

i got my pc in the living room to transfer files to the new pc :) but the new pc doesn't see the pc in the living room. kinda odd :blink: But now i got a new question thats evolved from this so ill start a new thread for that :)

megalo, its not really a server, but there is this thing my friend had before i cant recall what its called, i think its... Remote Desktop..

What you could do is hookup that tower and setup a login for it and you can login to that computer from anywhere in the world that has internet access.

My friend did it so he could do stuff on his comp at work or home no matter which place he was at..

Just another neat idea.. cool for some others who want to try it out!!

www.LogMeIn.com

06 SCION tC