2007 Volvo S60... Transponder issues.

Had a Volvo S60 come in today for a remote start... hooking up the starter took no time at all and I ran into no problems... Putting the transponder ring in is where I started having problems... tried a 556u with just a regular ring and it wouldn't work... tried wiring the ring into the factory transponder wires... wouldn't work. I can get the vehicle to remote start fine if I actually put the key in the cylinder... but I can't get it to remote start at all if I hold it outside the cylinder.

So finally here I am sitting at home and decided to jump on Mitchell and see if I could pull up the transponder diagram...

So here it is:

volvo.jpg

Am I reading it right... the Pin 1 in the antenna plug should be seeing 12volt while the key is in the ignition? So if that isn't seeing 12volt the car more than likely wont' start(I didn't have this diagram at work so I couldn't test it, hell it might be getting 12volts... idk i'm just going out on a limb here)? Gray and Blue are the wires that I used to wire in the 556u ring...

Hopefully maybe ray or james has done one of these and key shine some light :) I know they do a hella lot more foreign cars than I do.

So in a nutshell... it seems like the only time the transponder is activated is when the key is in the ignition...

Damn Germans :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

keysense.

very common.

just send your keysense wire from your alarm to it(make sure its set to + pol.)

Dun sukka.

And put my # in your phone.

Just call me next time.

And your welcome

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

keysense.

very common.

just send your keysense wire from your alarm to it(make sure its set to + pol.)

Dun sukka.

And put my # in your phone.

Just call me next time.

And your welcome

Yellow key sense wire has positive 12v going to it... it dings and everything when you goto remote start it. That's why I don't understand why I can't get it to remote start without the key in the ignition.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

key sense can be a motherfucker on remote starts....... ive ran into a few of these installs myself......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

Yellow key sense wire has positive 12v going to it... it dings and everything when you goto remote start it. That's why I don't understand why I can't get it to remote start without the key in the ignition.

call computech support.

maybe they can shed some light.

I always cut the factory ring and use it.

On those euro cars anyway.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i found this..

VOLVO SECURE TAKE-OVER

NOTE: These vehicles are covered by a secure takeover feature for improved anti-theft protection. Failure to follow the instructions

below will result in immediate vehicle engine shutdown.

◊ All doors must be closed before attempting to remote start the vehicle.

◊ Upon remote start, the customer will have to press unlock on either the after-market remote or the OEM fob.

◊ Once the doors are unlocked, the user has a 45 sec time frame to open a door and press the brake pedal.

so what is it doing when it tries to start?

is ign lighting up?

make sure all the accy's are lighting up???

Im guessing it's just not going into crank.

gotta be something with the doors open, or the keysense is weird.

I'd triple check that keysense, and your imm. ring.

voltage is staying good?

no batt charger on it right??

call my cell if you want.

559-355-0289

so what is it doing when it tries to start?

is ign lighting up?

make sure all the accy's are lighting up???

Im guessing it's just not going into crank.

gotta be something with the doors open, or the keysense is weird.

I'd triple check that keysense, and your imm. ring.

voltage is staying good?

no batt charger on it right??

call my cell if you want.

559-355-0289

He's bringing it back saturday morning... All accessories and ignition are powering up... basically it just wouldn't crank unless the key was in the ignition. I'll have to read up on the volvo secure key take-over thing... I talked to both directed canada and usa... turd from USA was no help. The guy from canada atleast said he would call me back monday when his volvo engineer was in.

Bah I haven't had a remote start I couldn't get to work in probably five years... shit pisses me off because I just keep thinking about it!

I might give you a call saturday... thanks for the help ray!

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

• 4 weeks later...
He's bringing it back saturday morning... All accessories and ignition are powering up... basically it just wouldn't crank unless the key was in the ignition. I'll have to read up on the volvo secure key take-over thing... I talked to both directed canada and usa... turd from USA was no help. The guy from canada atleast said he would call me back monday when his volvo engineer was in.

Bah I haven't had a remote start I couldn't get to work in probably five years... shit pisses me off because I just keep thinking about it!

I might give you a call saturday... thanks for the help ray!

in five years? I must be retarded! I get one a month that kicks my ass.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Archived