Second Skin Audio

Memphis Audio 12

Guest Scylloga

Guest Scylloga

SO I finally put my old kicker to rest thepast week. It has some nasty voicecoil noise. A friend from work bought a 15 and a 12 memphis audio subs. Since I allready had a 12 I figured my box would be plenty big enough I would just have to figure out port size and do some slight modifications. Well even without the port that sub fucking knocks. But I can tell it wants to breath.

The problems is I cant find any model numbers on the speaker to get a idea of the dimensions I need. I searched google for various Memphis Audio subs and all I can find is a pair that was on ebay. And they didnt know the model of the subs either.

SO I took a pic and was hoping somebody here can kinda give me a idea of which one it is.

SO here it is. 4229240743_dca913f0d8_b.jpg

If you know which model this is I would appreciate any help.

Edited by Scylloga

Can you take a picture of the back?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Guest Scylloga
Can you take a picture of the back?

I will do that tomorrow. It pissing rain and sleet currently and its colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra. IIRC it said power reference on the magnet.

It looks like the old 2004-2005 studio series. You could also talk with Jay at Memphis tech support and he should be able to tell you what you have and provide you with dimensions for a box.

Edited by 03silvergt

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Guest Scylloga
if it says Power Refrence on the motor then thats what it is the PR line has gone through 3-4 changes since that one

Ok thanks :D.

SO I can use the suggested calculations for any PR seris from the Memphis site?

Also anybody have any clue where to find the sub displacement for these? Memphis is ninja stealth and doenst have that info posted.