Second Skin Audio

Sooo.. Aeros lol

yep, thats a good plan. you never know when the person who's giving you advice could be wrong. best to get a few opinions.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

when i was in HVAC, when figuring duct lengths, we were taught that a 90 degree angle adds '5 feet' of imaginary duct due to resistance in the bend. and a 45 degree angle fitting adds 2.5 feet. it wont quite play the same way into speaker boxes, but the theory is still the same

The 90 degree turn in the pipe will cause a lot of head loss from the initial impulse due to the null area in the low-pressure side (vena) of the port bend. The amount of head losses are inversely proportionate to the size of the bend radius.

If you are going to bend your round port, use a very big turn, if possible. Otherwise, you should maybe think of building one large square port (rounded on BOTH ends). That way, you could keep your port surface area down by using only 1 port and bend the port a lot easier. If you decide to go with the square port, I would definitely recommend 45s (or kerfs) as well as strakes in the bend of the port.

Expo Sport, you're the man for that enclosure program!

well 1st off you wont find any pipe fittings that will fit flared ports.

That statement is incorrect. When I ordered my 6" Aeros, I emailed PSP Inc and was told to get Thin Wall 6" Sewer Pipe for elbows. I did and they were a perfect fit.

Edit: Found my invoice, I got them at Ace Hardware Outlet. Linky: Genova 42860 PVC S&D Sanitary Elbow Hub 6"

Painted them black with some Rustoleum for Plastic. You can either use PVC Cement to glue them together or get some Gorilla Duct Tape, its black too.

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

I got the Genova fittings. I can look up the part number if you need it. Got them from Ace Hardware online. Lowes here only had the thick wall stuff which will not work.

Edited by bobonit

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png