Soldering HELP!! *WITH PICS

Alright so im trying to solder my ring terminals onto my wire. i had the torch on the ring terminal til it got hot and when i touched the solder wire to the terminal, the wire didnt really melt like i have seen it done before. my question is, is the solder wire supposed to melt down the terminal into the power wire or is the fuse between the solder and wire made just on top? and is there a technique i should use? the way i did it was i had the torch behind the terminal. help please! thanks

and the solder i am using is oatey solder wire.

edit: grammar

Team Bass-Hz

Make sure that you make the terminal 1 temperature. what i did was heat the back of the terminal up until it got really hot, then on the other side above the wire push the solder against the terminal, if hot enough it should melt instantly, and just let it fill up then cool down, it should also sink to the bottom so that all the wire is soldered along with the terminal

not hot enough prolly, solder melts at around 400

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

alright so ill let the torch heat up the terminal longer. how long should i let the terminal heat up? and is flux needed to do this? just wanna make sure. thanks

Its not needed if you have 60/40 rosin core solder (but i still use it :ph34r: )

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Archived