DC Sound Lab

can level 4xl's take 4400 watts rms?

i wish i knew what you guys are doing that im not, cuz my lvl4xl's barely like 1500rm at full tilt they only handle 2-5 min depnding on song then they start to heat and smell :censored:

i have 4 subs each with a RF1500

what do you guys do for them to handle high power

whats the box size and tuning?

maybe youre playing them below tuning for to long and clipping them at the same time?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

so you gonna run 1 AQ to each sub(2200wrms) or you will get 2 more AQ strap them and run 4400wrms to each sub?

Lol 2 aq2200's strapped "on 2" xl's... I'm just looking to get answers before I place an order today, depending on what is said will help me choose between these 2 since I haven't heard neither in person. So your advice does matter lol

Mr%20Mcnasty510.png

Chrysler 300 on 24's

(2) audioque 2200d's [subs]

(1) audioque 4x90 [highs/mids]

(2) 12" DC audio level 4xl's

(2) xspower D3100's

Iraggi 320 amp alt

Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0 guage

Box 4 cft tuned to 30hz

omg. is it just me or are yall getting tired of seeing "can *insert sub here* take *insert wattage here*

its like every day there are at least 2 or 3 threads that fit into this category. there should be a filter that filters out threads like that :huh::fool:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

whats the box size and tuning?

maybe youre playing them below tuning for to long and clipping them at the same time?

little over 14QFT

tuned at 36htz

and never clips

Kenwood Excelon DDX812 6.95" double din

4 lvl 4 xl 15"

4 RF 1500

2 RF 600.4

2 15-MC5 - Memphis 5.25" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 15-MC92 - Memphis 6 x 9" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 mc memphis tweeters

memphis 16-EQP4 Signal Processors

4 2400 Kinetik

1 1800 Kinetik

iraggi 300

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42009

1zgb4ld.png

omg. is it just me or are yall getting tired of seeing "can *insert sub here* take *insert wattage here*

its like every day there are at least 2 or 3 threads that fit into this category. there should be a filter that filters out threads like that :huh::fool:

This forum is to help educate other and answer ?'s so if you wana be a dick and have no advice or help stay the hell off my thread!!!

Mr%20Mcnasty510.png

Chrysler 300 on 24's

(2) audioque 2200d's [subs]

(1) audioque 4x90 [highs/mids]

(2) 12" DC audio level 4xl's

(2) xspower D3100's

Iraggi 320 amp alt

Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0 guage

Box 4 cft tuned to 30hz

i have one lvl 4 xl 15 dual 2 on a aq2200, i blew it once, its tuned to 38htz and box size is 3.5. So im not sure if i would recomend it. thats why i asked those that run these subs at higher power how it is they do it and not blow them unless they dont realy turn it up or they dont have the power they think they have?????????????????????

u get what i mean...............

Edited by jonatan

Kenwood Excelon DDX812 6.95" double din

4 lvl 4 xl 15"

4 RF 1500

2 RF 600.4

2 15-MC5 - Memphis 5.25" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 15-MC92 - Memphis 6 x 9" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 mc memphis tweeters

memphis 16-EQP4 Signal Processors

4 2400 Kinetik

1 1800 Kinetik

iraggi 300

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42009

1zgb4ld.png

Lol 2 aq2200's strapped "on 2" xl's... I'm just looking to get answers before I place an order today, depending on what is said will help me choose between these 2 since I haven't heard neither in person. So your advice does matter lol

In the right box those xl's will definately take that and then some. I know of several builds with a 3500 on a single xl. It's all in the box and your electrical but the subs should like it no problem.

i have one lvl 4 xl 15 dual 2 on a aq2200, i blew it once, its tuned to 38htz and box size is 3.5. So im not sure if i would recomend it. thats why i asked those that run these subs at higher power how it is they do it and not blow them unless they dont realy turn it up or they dont have the power they think they have?????????????????????

u get what i mean...............

I'm very very hard on my subs. I'm always looking for ways to put more power to em. I use smaller boxes with bigger ports and an extra spider or 2 to help when I accidently drop 10hz below freq. lol

A strong electrical and clean signal are your best friend.