Beware of Fram Filters!!

Guest Scylloga
I never use Fram. Once i saw it at my Local Wally-Mart, I knew at that very moment that got to be cheap and not good..
With this way of thinking then we should stop buying pioneer, sony, samsung, vizio, and all the other brands carried by wal-mart then right?

Just because wal-mart carries it doesnt mean its a a poorly made product.

I personally do not use fram, but my father use to use them until his jeep Cherokee with 4.0l straight six oil pressure gauge started dropping to zero all the time. Did some research and found out that the oil sensor won't read properly with one on it. Switched to mobil one and it always reads right now. Not saying the filter wasn't working properly but the oil pressure gauge will not read right with a fram oil filter being used, and have read a lot of reviews that others will not use them in their jeeps as well. Just letting others know as well, if you have this problem on a jeep, this MAY be the problem.

So really your saying the oil filter caused the oil sending unit to not send the proper oil pressure reading to the gauge? Im not buying this.

Used Fram for years and never had a problem. Only reason I use any other brand is if the place I get my oil changed doesnt use them.

I like to stay OEM when it comes to car parts so BOSCH is it for me. If not then I'll grab a STP oil filter. :(

edit: I used fram oil filters on both a 1.8L volkswagen, and a 2.0L and never had a problem. Sooooo bad luck for you guys then? :\

With this way of thinking then we should stop buying pioneer, sony, samsung, vizio, and all the other brands carried by wal-mart then right?

Just because wal-mart carries it doesnt mean its a a poorly made product.

So really your saying the oil filter caused the oil sending unit to not send the proper oil pressure reading to the gauge? Im not buying this.

Used Fram for years and never had a problem. Only reason I use any other brand is if the place I get my oil changed doesnt use them.

what i'm saying is we switched from fram to mobile one oil filters and never had the problem again. thats all there is to it, do some research online and you will see there is a lot of people that have this problem with 4.0l jeeps. and i'm not selling anything, so don't matter if you buy it or not. just letting people know what i have learned from others.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

This is a bit old but you can see how poorly fram filters are made compared to the others.

http://wiggs.iskewl.org/filters/

Haha. The Fram looks like a dollar store product.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've always been told that FRAM is crap. I even refuse to buy a used car if it has a FRAM filter. I can figure that if someone was too cheap to buy a decent filter, they were probably too cheap to maintain the car properly. I want nothing to do with FRAM.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

• 3 weeks later...

I for one will not use Fram either. Only thing I've used Fram for is air filters, but that's hard to screw up. I have a brand new, 350 SBC in my truck and I run Napa oil filters (Wix) and Napa Gold full synthetic, which is Valvoline Synthetic but a few dollars cheaper. If you can't shell out the money, then you don't deserve the longevity for being a cheapo. Yeah, I contradicted myself, but notice I'm running full syn and Wix.

Just FYI, Napa brand oil is Valvoline, Advance Auto is Pennzoil. No clue what Autozone or O'rileys have. Nice thing to know people in the business. For the skeptics out there, Google it. All Napa does is buys Valvoline at bulk for a cheaper price. Bottles it with their own label and stocks the shelves. They also carry Valvoline brand oil for the people that don't believe.

Just a little FYI for the motor heads out there. Bass was second to Horsepower to me.

My .002 cents. (Damn inflation adjustments)

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Archived