Guess my car is f*****!

If it was the alt the car would die while driving it would use all the juice left in your batt befor it dies and your batt is already dead so that wouldn't take long after your car is started it works off the alt alone with the alt charging the batt at the same time and if your car does not die while driving the alt is working and your batt is dead

100 says batt also it will kill your alt as well... if you keep driving that way the alt will be trying to charge a batt that won't charge over working your alt

Tercels have around a 60 amp alt btw

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Guest Scylloga
the battery is probably the culpret next time that you jump it go to autozone and have them load test it for you

Either Autozone or O'reilys will test it for free. Most autoparts stores wil test it for free matter of fact. They can also te4st the alt to make sure its putting juice to the battery. I had a older ford pickup that would runn off the alt all day but wouldnt charge a battery. I chased that short for ever never found it. Ended up getting hit head on by a 16 yr old in a mustang headed back to scholl from vo-tech. He was late and drving faster than he should have been.

go to a local battery place, one that i found sells group 31 SLA's for 55$ a piece, ive used them on several different systems big and small and they do their work!!

you could get 2-3 of these for the price of a redtop, but what im getting at is try local battery places,ones that cater to forklifts

and carquest, 187$ for a carquest NGT equivalent of a deka intimidator.

Edited by mr.p

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Have you charged your battery ever?

How did you get it started when it does die? Jumpstart?

my gfs car was doin this. she has a system so the first thought was battery, or alt. but it wouldnt even jumpstart. Ended up bein the fuelpump. which isnt a cheap fix.

Either Autozone or O'reilys will test it for free. Most autoparts stores wil test it for free matter of fact. They can also te4st the alt to make sure its putting juice to the battery. I had a older ford pickup that would runn off the alt all day but wouldnt charge a battery. I chased that short for ever never found it. Ended up getting hit head on by a 16 yr old in a mustang headed back to scholl from vo-tech. He was late and drving faster than he should have been.

Just a lil note for everyone, dont try this on newer cars especially OBDII(after 1996) it can mess up components in the Cars Computer. So dont do the old trick where you disconnect the battery with the car running and if it stays running your alt is good, while it worked fine for 80's and earlier vehicles with no or little computer influence, doing this to new cars can cost you alot of money for repairs.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Have you charged your battery ever?

How did you get it started when it does die? Jumpstart?

my gfs car was doin this. she has a system so the first thought was battery, or alt. but it wouldnt even jumpstart. Ended up bein the fuelpump. which isnt a cheap fix.

yeah my gf has a shitty ass battery charger at her house thing must be from the 70s lol but I hook it up to that over night some times the read out on the charger doesnt work so idk if it works too good.

and yeah I jumpstart it lol got a jumpstarted box in my car ready to do work lol

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Rockford Fosgate p142 4" front

Rockford Fosgate p1S652 6.5" rear

Optima D35 yellow top under hood

Big 3

all in a 1997 Toyota Tercel