OBI Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 Also have you ever even heard a vehicle that does mid 50's on music? Cause if not you'll be way more than happy with the 4 18's you have right now. Cause Im not to sure you realize how loud that already can be.
tripleb45 Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 Yep, you're not the only one who found it a little comical. What is so comical? I think it is smart to do it right the first time and learn as it is being built. IMO I could do it and mess something up and repeat it to sat "I did it myself" but that just seem like pride. I have pride but I think in that case pride would be my down fall. I am learning and helping in my build, but I just won't be the main person behind it. Thought you knew? He should be TheBEastJr instead. Ha ha ha ha lol
tripleb45 Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 Also have you ever even heard a vehicle that does mid 50's on music? Cause if not you'll be way more than happy with the 4 18's you have right now. Cause Im not to sure you realize how loud that already can be. Thats why I will be doing 4 right now. I feel you on this
OBI Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 Honestly I would just stop there man. Trust me it will get loud enough. And save you a ton of money, cause your going to probably ending up spending over 10k in electircal alone, for 3 14k's.
Snow Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 what's going on with the suspension of your ride also? Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310 Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15" Sub Amp: Orion 2500D Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0 Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp Battery: Powermaster D2700 Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II
tripleb45 Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 @ OBI :sorry: :cray: :cray: Honestly I have been thinking about that, and if that is the case with only one or 2 decent sized amps and nothing too flashy I may just have one of my favorite installers just help me do the build and keep upgrading until it looks and feels how I want. I don't expect perfection after all I am going for spl with a hint of sq. ( I know)
tripleb45 Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 what's going on with the suspension of your ride also? I am upgrading to after market suspensions but so far it is 4wd so it can still haul on stock suspension for a little while.
Marlo Stanfield Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 I actually am thinking about reconsidering but how will 6 18" subs at d2 each run on 3 amps at one ohm? so far I am stomped 3 D2s can be run @ 1.3 ohms, so it won't be too far off.. I personally would have run SD 12ks instead of Stetsom 14kds, but that's just me. What is so comical? I think it is smart to do it right the first time and learn as it is being built. IMO So u think that a shop like Custom Edge is gonna just let u sit in the install bay for multiple months while they are building it?? They are gonna have you drop off the truck, give you an estimated time table and pick it up many weeks later. This isn't really something that can be done in a couple days or even a week at a shop like that since they will have other customer's vehicles in their also. If I were you I'd just end it with 4 18s + the Stetsom amp.. If it's built correctly then you should be pretty damn loud and more than happy with the results. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
OBI Posted January 6, 2010 Report Posted January 6, 2010 If I were you I'd just end it with 4 18s + the Stetsom amp.. If it's built correctly then you should be pretty damn loud and more than happy with the results. See man. Im telling you, you'll be more than happy with that. Trust me.
tripleb45 Posted January 6, 2010 Author Report Posted January 6, 2010 3 D2s can be run @ 1.3 ohms, so it won't be too far off.. I personally would have run SD 12ks instead of Stetsom 14kds, but that's just me.So u think that a shop like Custom Edge is gonna just let u sit in the install bay for multiple months while they are building it?? They are gonna have you drop off the truck, give you an estimated time table and pick it up many weeks later. This isn't really something that can be done in a couple days or even a week at a shop like that since they will have other customer's vehicles in their also. If I were you I'd just end it with 4 18s + the Stetsom amp.. If it's built correctly then you should be pretty damn loud and more than happy with the results. See man. Im telling you, you'll be more than happy with that. Trust me. Ok I think I will do that...............for now. Honestlyl I kinda made that decision when I made this thread, but I was being subborn with myself. lol Thanks for those that had informative information it was needed. Again thanks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.