Sundown Audio

what to set the lpf on my amp to

LiL PiNoY

Tell ya what change it to 60 and tell for yourself. There was a big difference with my subs

i don't see how setting your crossover drop off at 60 made them better then 80. its not like they are going to hit harder or lower.

i personally roll 80-90. a lot of it factors on what your mids are sounding like at a lower pick up point.

NEUMAN

hmm, i think i got mine in my truck set to around 80 and the decks sub freq to 65htz@ 12db/oct slope, i liked it better on 18db/oct for rap but in general 12db/oct sounded better

ied stick wit 80 but it depends on what u got ur box tuned to if its ported too, i could turn my lpf all the way up n down n tell no diff when i had my ported box in the truck, but wit my sealed box i got my ssf(sub sonic filter) turned to 20, and my lpf to 80 and bout half gain n it sounds pritty good on everything

hope this helps, hell im still tweeking on my system tryin to dial it in perfect but i'll just play around with it for now till i go full active n then is when the fun starts lol

i spend about 2hrs or so just playin aroud wit settings on my amps n deck tryin to fine tune everything cause i aint got a oscope to help wit it, if u have a higher quality deck with a multi band eq to mess wit ied try moveing soem settings around n see if that helps, it did on mine, but keep ur sla turned to 0 if u have one

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I like mine a little high, around 80, because I have stock comp. speakers, so I kind of rely on my sub to hit the upper bass notes. The "tightness" of your bass is more determined by your mid-bass setup than by the sub alone. If you were to just play the sub alone, it would sound muddy and boomy, just as its made to; its the mid-bass drivers that bridge the gap between sub and normal music frequencies. So because I have stock speakers, I set my lpf on the high side. The only down side of this is when you get a note around 80, you can hear the note coming distinctly from the trunk, it doesnt seem to fill the whole car like a low bass note does.