Second Skin Audio

Another This Vs That

that massive amp your using sucks i know ive had that exact one and though i was doing something those 18s want way more power than it can dream of putting out change that first

Edited by pcchris

@DJSMARTGUY PRODUCER/ENGINEER of YOUNG PROBLEMZ ...boy i got so many........boy i got so many

-TEAM WOBBLY WOOFERS-

4 18s MAKE YOU SCREAM!

I had a T20001bd and couldnt have been happier with the Massive, even though im a huge Rockford fan.... Is it really worth me spending the money on an AQ3500 or SAZ?

I agree i may not be seeing the full 3kwrms, but look at it this way

Couple hundred watts more or....

30% more cone area

I remember when i had 2 12" T1's off a T10001bd and went to 4 12" CVR's(back in the day) and was simply amazed at the difference.

Im wondering if this would be a similar change.

that massive amp your using sucks i know ive had that exact one and though i was doing something those 18s want way more power than it can dream of putting out change that first

The AQ is rated 1kwrms.... i dont get how your saying it can take way more than wat im giving it. Yeah ive heard of people running 2 and 3kwrms but thats not practical, and im not steve meade so im not good with clipping,gain settings, etc. I figure if im giving them 1500 a piece thats more than enough, i dont really want to flirt with thermal or mechanical issues.

If i knew how to design a box to run more power and have my settings to where i wouldnt have to worry about cooking my subs i would definately throw way more power at them, but i dont want to run over 3 or 4kw in my truck.

But i do know what your saying, im not trying to contradict anyone, if anything its good to know this stuff.

Edited by mxman38

yeah im not disagree with that but then that leaves me with 1 more question.

If i order the 4 SDCs they are only 600wrms per woofer... Assuming thats 2400 watts and im getting around that after IMP rise, how much more should i push to these woofers safely?

i cant just buy a bigger amp for my HDC3's because i will be at 2 ohms on a SAZ or AQ amp.... thats or .5 ohms, which i dont have the electrical for.

ok so i was doing a design on sketchup and ran into a problem, if i do the 15's i will have to put the port on the side in which case i will need a 5.5" opening to achieve 31.9HZ

I then will only have 10 cubes and 130 inches of port area... FML, this was an epic fail

newbox-1.png

Edited by mxman38

10 cubes and 130 inches is nice port:box ratio-wise but not enough airspace for the subs... especially with the power.

Believe me, you're not getting 2400w after rise. You might be getting a touch more (like 2500 total) before rise but that's about it from those amps. It's pretty damn similar to a AP30001 inside and despite all the poorly done bench tests on the net they only do about 2500w @ 2 ohms before THD goes way up.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!