Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

Yeah happened was I had a cap installed on my last box and I ran the cable through it by cutting the wire open and splitting the wires and sliding a bolt throught he center, me being dumb I moved the box and the ground wire snapped in in half (basically had half the threads connected.) I ran it like that for a LOOOONG time fine, but over time maybe the wire got cruddy and maybe more wire snapped? I suppose the ground should be the first thing I should replace since most people seem to think that's the problem, now this could cause my amp to stay on but the subwoofer to only half power right?

The sub only see's power the amp is giving it..so your amp would be the one thats at "Half" power or low power and yes a bad ground or even a ground like yours (Cut could be the prob) im not saying it's going to fix it but its somewhere to start and anyways your ground should be fixed :P

Any ways good luck man

2-SSA EVIL 18's

American Bass VFL 1100.1 Down .5

Mechman 370amp Alt

6-XS Power D3100's

4th Order B-Piller Wall

3-AP2004's

1-APMini1200.4

4-AP 8's

8-DB Drive S3 6.5's

4-Selenium Tweets

2-DB Drive Super Tweets

YouTube- HatrixCOD

What type of fuse do you have. I had the exact same problem and I just changed the fuse. I had the tube fuses and it looked fine not burt or broken anywhere I could see. But I guess it broke towards the top and everyonce in a while it would make a connection again then it would stop. Thats my idea even if your fuse looks fine change it and see what happens.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Ok guys im about to start ripping stuff out and working on it to do list:

Fix Ground (DONE)

Fix Speaker Wire (DONE)

Test Car Battery Output (DONE) 14.50v

Test Amplifier Receive (NOT DONE)

Test Speaker Outputs (NOT DONE)

Replace 25A FUSE with 20 (NOT DONE)

Open Subwoofer box and test COILS/Wiring (NOT DONE)

Open AMP to look for any burnt/broken peices (NOT DONE)

Replace Power/Ground Wire and Power Wire FUSE (NOT DONE)

I have a long day ahead of me lol...

Fix Ground (DONE)

Fix Speaker Wire (DONE)

Test Car Battery Output (DONE) 14.50v

Test Amplifier Receive (DONE) 13.50 - 14.50

Test Speaker Outputs (DONE) Read 28.8v on a 50hz 0db sine tone for like 1minute no drops

Replace 25A FUSE with 20 (NOT DONE) waiting for NAPA to open to get two new 20A fuses for my amp

Open Subwoofer box and test COILS/Wiring (NOT DONE)

Open AMP to look for any burnt/broken peices (NOT DONE) In progress....

Replace Power/Ground Wire and Power Wire FUSE (NOT DONE) Wont be possible until the end of the month (getting new RCA's tommorow)

Ok, so I just opened up the amplifier , no broken peices or char marks i mean the motherboard and all of its connectors look brand spankin new (i got videos and pictures of it im uploaded) I also took the fuses out and replaced them with the same 20A fuses.. so as far as my amplifier is concerned it's perfect:

No Char Marks

No Broken Pieces

Correct output for speaker (28.28)

Correct Input from Power/Ground 13.5-14.5V (that's what my battery reads, 13.5 on full tilt for 5 minutes, 14.5 on half volume)

Amplifier NEVER gets hot only warm after hours of play

NEXT STEP! Opening up my Subwoofer box to check OHMs and voice coil and wiring for DVC and sub box.

after thats complete all thats left is to run new wire that's bigger with a new fuse block thats also bigger/better.

WTF?!?! I think one of my coils is burnt, some of the coils look fine good copper colors and then some of the coil has a dark on it u can tell that some of the coil is brighter than the other.

take your volt meter, switch it to ohms and check both of your coils that way... they should be the same

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Alpine MRP-450 400RMS x 1 @ 2ohm

hmm I did fix my ground, I can try another spot but I don't know any spots better I can shave that paint but the ground hasnt given me a problem until now it appears... could it be my power wire? how do I get that extra 3v that I need for me amp I mean im confused elaborate with me

One person says 11V into the amp is fine, Im picking up a 20a fuse for my amp to replace the 25, I reinsterted my ground wire instead of my crappy one..

does ANYONE think my subs blown?

Don't listen to that "one person" about the 11volts.. Matter of fact, disregard anything audio related that person tells you.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I put my DMM on ohms and tested each coil they fluctuate between .8 - 1.1 but usually stay between .9 and 1.0 so I'm guessing the readings are fine... why the heck are my coils getting darker though? can I see a bunch of black on some cardboard looking material above the coils it looks like it may have been burning up. I mean honestly? 400RMS @ correct gain this thing SHOULD NOT be burning up like that.

The amp stays on and the subs plays but its like very minimal movement... just sounds like i turned the gain down almost all the way.

nobody around has a 800RMS subwoofer I know sad lol... my amp never did this at all on my two Kicker COMPS with the gain maxed... NEVER and I had the same ground wiring etc. I cana dmit my wiring sucks and I might need new wiring but at the same time im having a really hard time believing my subwoofer messed up because its new and a good company and my sub wasnt even overpowered or clipping.

why would you max the gain?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Archived