Need Help Quick Please

Ok today I put in my 180 amp alternator and used 4 gauge to the battery,my car has 2 wires off the alternator one goes to the battery and the other to the fuse box,my problem is that when I went to check the voltage it was still at 12.4 volts and the battery light came on the only thing I can think of is that my computer in my car is not letting the H.O. alternator charge,could I just run a wire to battery and take the wire out of the fuse box? I also have checked the ground and it was very good if that helps. if anyone has any ideas or solutions please help.

thanks,dan

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

To speed this up, what kinds vehicle do you have?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

well I found the problem, the alternator is junk I took it to auto zone to get tested after installing the original and seeing it work fine, kinda dissapointed about paying $360.00 for a new alternator that doesnt work I hope nathan at excessive amperage will send me a new one, oh well I'm upset but I'm sure it was messed up from shipping or whatever and not from nathan I'll let you guys know what the outcome is, untill then nothing to bump for about 2 weeks.

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

sucks to hear a story like that man. you pay all the money and no results. good luck on the new HO bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived