First, this would be better in big boy toys or whatever its called, not a big deal though.

Second, r/c forums would be better, though there are some r/c people on here...

Third, no, never run open headers on a nitro r/c truck. Those engines use a tuned pulse coming back from the pipe to help compress etc the mixture in the cylinder. That is one of the main reasons a pipe can make a big difference in the powerband the engine has.

Edited by rusty959

yeah and open headers would be way to loud/annoying... depending what you do with it maybe tires/wing/or save up for a 3.3 motor. 80 bucks isnt alot in that hobby, i remember pissing away hundreds every week on my revo, fun if ya got the pockets and time for it tho.

Tuned pipes are pretty cheap, never hurts to have more tires on hand either. I've been out of the hobby for 9 years so i can't really say what you should look for but definetly stock up on breakables.

just got 2 pairs of tire but im still not sure if to run open headers some people said yes and some said no :unknw:

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio

Anyone who said yes either has no clue what they are talking about (atleast with nitro engines) or are trying to make you seem like a noob.

Why would they put the time energy etc into putting those massive pipes on there if there wasn't a reason? I mean try it if you want, as long as its a short time it "shouldn't" hurt anything too badly, you will just have a leaned out engine that can't make power though. Im speaking from experience here, the headers on the revo sucks a fat one, ive broken multiple.

do me a favor, take your header off and run it around your yard a bit and tell me if you can still hear correctly, and if your neighbors havent called the cops. Im telling you man, my buddy hit me so hard my exhaust came off on my revo and it actually hurt my ears just driving it towards me. But extra parts like the OP said.

but if you wanna save up a couple more bucks i wouldnt mind parting with my OS21 motor, i bought it, maybe ran a half gallon and sold it with the stock motor thinking i was going to buy another truck soon. Its been in my drawer since May.

DSC00120.jpg